I destroy CLRs

ninja9

Inspired
Well, I've had 3 faulty ones in about a year. I had faults like high pitch squeals and intermittent sound etc.

I typically run them with master volume less than half way. I keep them in a padded case. I am a professional guitarist and know how to look after gear!

The Australian distributer says they don't get many back for repair, so I guess I'm just unlucky or something.

I love them, wish I could trust them.

We have 240v mains in Australia and the units are supposed to be built for that but with power spikes that could be a problem.

Has anyone else had problems?

Reactions: Ole
One of my two powered wedges failed within a month (had them about a year now) . Tom King was great to work with and had me back up within a week or two and haven't had an issue since.

I thought it was just the UK that had 230v power? When I say this I mean no offence at all, but is this to do with Australia being a former UK colony?

I once went to Oz. I got into the arrival gate where I was met by the most straight faced sour puss who was as ugly as her upward inflection was irritating. The conversation went a bit like this...

"Is this your first time to Australia?"
"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"
"Do you have any criminal convictions?"
"I didn't think that you still needed any"

I spent 15 minutes being given a full cavity search by a guy who had really big fingers.

True story.

maybe looking into a power regulator / conditioner would be beneficial. not just a power strip, but a real regulator, not cheap, but might be worth it for your situation.

Might be some early production issues, but I am sure they'll get them worked out. RCF had similar problems early on with the NX12SMA, but later models were pretty much bulletproof in my experience. Hang in there, I am sure it's more a run of bad fortune than a lasting issue with the CLR. I've heard many great things on them.

I typically run them with master volume less than half way.

Are you playing on stage or at home?

Because I can't imagine that you can get enough headroom with the master at less than 50% (if you were playing with a drummer)?
Therefore...are you cranking your Axe and sending a clipped signal?

I thought it was just the UK that had 230v power? When I say this I mean no offence at all, but is this to do with Australia being a former UK colony?

I once went to Oz. I got into the arrival gate where I was met by the most straight faced sour puss who was as ugly as her upward inflection was irritating. The conversation went a bit like this...

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

I spent 15 minutes being given a full cavity search by a guy who had really big fingers.

True story.

So much for humor :lol did you ask if he could check your prostate wile he was up in their?

Yesterday, at rehearsal, I had the same issue.
High pitched squeal.
i thought it was feedback.
But when unplugging the guitar, instead of the hum when touching the jack, I got a high pitched squeal as well.

I had a failure of some sort a week ago Sunday and have not had time to reassemble my rig to replicate the failure, but I had power to the CLRs and the CLR volumes were turned up.

I was at a jam session - first time I moved my CLRs since I got them in December - and could not get sound out of either CLR: 2 X (AXEXLROut1-to-XLR-to XLR/TSadapter-to-CLRIn1).

My sound guy/bassist had no time to debug and just ran a TS out of the AXETSOut1 into a Fender - instant sound - and I had to roll with that.

I'll follow up once I have time to reassemble and test the rig and CLRs and get to the root cause of the failure.

Yep it's a colony thing, we have crazy 240v

maybe looking into a power regulator / conditioner would be beneficial. not just a power strip, but a real regulator, not cheap, but might be worth it for your situation.
I have a furman for the Axe FX, will start plugging the CLR into that!

Are you playing on stage or at home?

Because I can't imagine that you can get enough headroom with the master at less than 50% (if you were playing with a drummer)?
Therefore...are you cranking your Axe and sending a clipped signal?

Stage! I think master half way is pretty loud once you setup the correct input signal. No, not clipping.

Really ads a new dimension to my favorit tv Show

You have that crap in Denmark?

I

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

True story.

Extremely hilarious... Lmao

"Yes it is"
"Business or pleasure"
"Business"

True story.

:lol Too funny

I had a failure of some sort a week ago Sunday and have not had time to reassemble my rig to replicate the failure, but I had power to the CLRs and the CLR volumes were turned up.

I was at a jam session - first time I moved my CLRs since I got them in December - and could not get sound out of either CLR: 2 X (AXEXLROut1-to-XLR-to XLR/TSadapter-to-CLRIn1).

My sound guy/bassist had no time to debug and just ran a TS out of the AXETSOut1 into a Fender - instant sound - and I had to roll with that.

I'll follow up once I have time to reassemble and test the rig and CLRs and get to the root cause of the failure.

Did you ever find out what was wrong?

Back
Top Bottom