I desperately want something pretty close to 'The Devils Blood' Tone, heeelp

nosfer61

Hi everyone this is my first post so be gentle,

I'm an axe fx II owner I usually play thrash, black, death, but really want to try jamming along/starting up something in the field of psychedelic occult rock in teh vain of The Devils Blood.

Can anyone suggest a good amp and cab to start with here and general settings to my ears it's all very low gain which is straight out of my comfort zone dialling stuff in.

Thanks in advance

Matt \m/

Briefly listened to them on Youtube (never heard of this band before).

Sounds like a guitar with single coil going in front of a Marshall amp.

Try maybe a jumpered plexi with the basketweave tv mix IR (#103) and don't be afrait to dime the eq controls on the amp if needed.

I was guessing marshall, laney or orange myself, thanks for the suggestion I will go and have a go with that, the issue I'm having is it sounds so clean but there is definitely some distortion in there, I'll go and see what I can come up with thanks again.

Briefly listened to them on Youtube (never heard of this band before).

Sounds like a guitar with single coil going in front of a Marshall amp.

Try maybe a jumpered plexi with the basketweave tv mix IR (#103) and don't be afrait to dime the eq controls on the amp if needed.
+1 on this! 1987X Jump came to my mind immediately on this. Basketweave Green maybe #101. And Yes, I'm not sure you can have the treble set too high on that amp. Try BIG swings on the mids and treb.

Back
Top Bottom