I could use some help finding the grain of this gain

Merlin

Experienced
Hey, I could use some help finding the grain of this gain, at 8 minute 13 a recurrence starts where I have the impression Steve has a Rotary on slow, however I can't reproduce the grain of the gain despite me doing it playing on the same guitar and same set of elements, the Groove tubes trio Steve plays on I faithfully have in the axe fx3 (all 3 channels) however give different gain, anyone have any idea what amp simulation and cab I can get here, the clean-like sound breaks open beautifully a Bassman doesn't get me into the sound, thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
If i log out i stil can watch the video, i really don't understand thats some people cant watch it :(

Judging by how that preamp is designed, you might be looking for a Marshall (JCM 800 2203 territory).
Also, a pretty useful video:

Thanks guys for the input, i have the GT Trio Steve plays on covered but it does not give that grain, another video is hard, they are so much compressed on YT you can hardly hear the details but i give it a try with this one below., the delay didn.t do the trick, thank you for the suggestion.

At his video it starts on 6.10

Thanks guys for the input, i have the GT Trio Steve plays on covered but it does not give that grain, another video is hard, they are so much compressed on YT you can hardly hear the details but i give it a try with this one below., the delay didn.t do the trick, thank you for the suggestion.

At his video it starts on 6.10

Like i said, the grain you are looking for could be found in a Marshall-type amp.

Back
Top Bottom