I confess... I’m a Fractal Fanboy

FusionFanatic

Inspired
I’ve used digital modeling almost since it came out. I always loved the sound of a great tube amp. I’ve owned a few Marshall’s (my favorite), but I needed something that could give me more sounds and was easier to transport. I play a variety of styles, and have been in working bands since 1985.
In the early days, digital modeling it was not so inspiring... a compromise in getting great tones. I tweaked it as best I could and always made it work... to the best it could. Years ago after hearing about FAS and reading reviews, I took the plunge and bought the Ultra. I thought, okay... this sounds legit... the best I’ve ever heard. I was quite satisfied.
Fast forward... then I got the Axe II XL+. Wow... I was blown away... this is awesome! How could it get better? Okay, I was a little upset after about a month from getting the II, the III came out. Okay... I’m still very happy with the II... how much better can it get? I read the hype.
So... after three years the III came out, and being a FAS Fanboy (lol) ... I bought the III MK II. One of the several things that sold me was the huge amount of IR’s... as it has a profound affect on the tone... plus the Cygnus (magic) I’ve heard about.
Well, after plugging it into my pair of Atomic CLR’s, I immediately heard and felt what all the hype was about. Damn... wow... this machine is a beast! The dynamics, tone, and feel are fantastic. I’ve barely tapped into the III so far, and many of the factory presets sound terrific.
FAS really made a great product even better. What a great company! Truly the best there is. Cliff and his team are awesome! Plus, the forums here are wonderful.
I’ll be keeping the three generations I have, and sell the other pieces of gear I have no use for anymore.
Thank you Cliff and FAS for your continuing improvement on the holy grail of tone!
Im a very happy customer!

Well, congrats... you started with the best there is.
I’ve owned the DigiTech 2112, Marshall JMP preamp, Roland GP-100, Rocktron Intellifex, and I know a guy with the Kemper.
Nothing else compares.

^ I sure as hell think so. I even have a Tri Axis & 2:90 that get no love since I'm having so much fun with the III. I play now more than ever, an average of 2 hours each day, maybe even 3. The motivation/inspiration is a wonderful thing! Even the amps that aren't my style are enjoyable.

Got on this train 2.5 years ago with an AxeFX3.

I replaced that with another after our neighbor apparently displeased Thor one morning a couple Novembers ago.

I got the AxeFX3 Mk2 and FM9 Friday afternoon.

I guess I qualify as a 'fanboy' or 'fanboi'.

Previously owned a Digitech RP1000 and a Vox ToneLabSE (the big one with two pedals)....

Back
Top Bottom