" I come from a land Down-Under " => wait list / getting an AX8 *before* Christmas ?

ben ifin

Experienced
.........where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

Hi Fractal

For those of us non-USA AX8 wanna-be-owners - howdy from Oz by the way :) ...... how will it work ?

I have made intial contact with our [ excellent and very helpful Axe-FX Australia | Axe-Fx and Fractal Audio products in Australia ] Aus Distributor.

=> can I put myself on the main / usa " waitlist " to get one here on Oz "quicker" ?

=> will Oz be getting a shipment of " x " number of AX8's at the same time as they ship at the end of Oct in the US ?

=> or are the first run(s) of stock exclusively for USA / Canada only ?

lastly

=> if it ships in the US by the end of October, is it genuinely realistic and likely that I can get one here in Oz before Christmas if I put my "name down" with the Oz distributor ?

Thanks Fractal - any info / advice about the best way to do this would be much appreciated.

Ben

this-is-australia.jpeg

Seriously though i know the answer to none of those questions, im not sure anyone does

Reactions: yek
You can only get on the list for the 8xɐ!

Ha ha ha ha ...... took me a few seconds to "see" that :)

BTW ..... I reckon *Fractal* would know if we [ Oz ] are getting any shipments from the first runs ...

Hopefully someone from Fractal will chime in <= hint hint :encouragement:

All the best,
Ben

1. yes, but you need someone in USA to buy it for you and ship it off to you (as from what I know credit card details and shipping address must match for USA/Canada.) I did this for the AXE-FX II.

2. AUS distributor can answer this, although they might not have a single clue at this point.

3. Nobody knows

4. God knows

Wouldn't this cause warranty issues?

Could be, not sure. Its always a risk you have to take buying from overseas. You have to send it back to your contact, who returns it to FAS. Given the FAS track record of quality, in my case I wasn't too worried.
Bought MFC also from overseas to HK (direct from G66)

Ok ..... so maybe we can just be told:-

=> will *any* of the first production runs be coming to Oz -or- are the first production runs *all* pre-allocated for the USA / Canada only ?

Ben

How about waiting until Independant Music share the information?

They are very good and will pass on the info via their mailing list as soon as they know what is happening.

Back
Top Bottom