I come bearing gifts......sing along

I only know what was used in the originals and that none of the said cloan makers are
using anything close..

That should pretty much cover it..
If that is true would you consider all the false advertising as simply that ?

I know what I like sound wise I dialed that in already into the axe
from low watt amps to 50 watts to 100 then 300 watts.

Ej Srv Landau those are 3 tones I liked they played Dumbles
Landau plays one live..

If you have a modified Dumble and you get another style amp and slave the Dumble
over into that 2nd amp and set that flat eq wise and turn that one up louder and feed Wet signal to
that 2nd amp Thats just replicating or re amping the Dumble but through another amp style of your choice
say a super or showman ect.. the loaner amp just takes line level and efx and it also takes most of the brunt
and thats what some artists do..

Id say the 50 I have I like both channels but the clean channel is my favorite of the two and
I prefer the lead tones I get using specific pedals on the clean side.. I like the straight in lead sound of the Dumble and it would be wasting that expensive side of the amp not using it so I blend mine with the clean side lead and get both..

Thats how one can use one amp and get several sounds from one head.
So the Ultra has many sounds within that amp you might get 3 different leads out of lead channel alone
and then up to as many different pedals you used on clean side that might be 4-6 other lead or dirty rhythm sounds
you can conjur..

What ive tried are full drive ts+ tube driver tube screamers BB
xotic pedals fuzz face chorus reverb ect.. westbury tube and td1
those all sound superb through the clean side of the Ultra..

I think I want to try running the ultra into another amp
and then having axe fx feed the 2nd amp for wet sound
just to hear the verbs post power amp...
Thats a sound im not exactly used too studio trick or live trick and the wet amp and main amp are mic'd

id think if I were able to hear things through headphones or in ears id hear the efx and the amp vs each other sitting side by side.. that takes a bit getting used too but you set the original amp to always cut through both channels then turn the wet side up louder.. if both are mic'd then
you get a dry amp signal clean and the boosted and your reverb and possibly delays might be the wet signal or even chorus ect so you could retain a dry signal and a wet signal and hear both clearly..

Thats just a minor pain in the ass to have to do with tube amps..
So I did that and still like the axe fx sound best and I can store my tube amps
and save those for recording or just use the axe cause I cant tell the difference
on playback especially in the mix of an entire band going id bet most cant tell either.

There are those with golden ears and I like to fool them the most...
The expression is priceless you mean thats the axe and no tubes
yes hard to swallow isnt it old boy.. ?

I know I know there there its going to be ok there is a slight learning curve then you
just get better and better and soon you wont miss tubes or paying 45-250 each for them
its gonna be ok..

Thats what ran through my mind at first but I dont mind not having to buy tubes..

MYEA SEEE MYEA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom