I can't stop dialing in edge of breakup tones. It's a problem.

The maker is a small luthier lab near my town in Sicily that built the guitar to my own specs, he only has a facebook page, no website: https://www.facebook.com/liuteriademarco/

Yes that's a hex pickup but it's part of an Antares ATG luthier kit that I currently have installed in another guitar but I'll soon put it inside an external enclosure to be able to use it with more than one guitar.

Thanks for the compliments!

PS: initially I was going to buy parts from warmoth but a friend suggested me to check out with this luthier which, for roughly the same amount of money, built an instrument that's superior in every aspect to my other warmoth guitars and more customized.
Only downside the longer wait but it was definitely worth it.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing his work!

Every time I go to create a fresh preset with a new sound, it never fails that I just end up making an exact replica of my current go-to rig. It always ends up turning into a variant of an edge-of-breakup tone, just with different amp and cab combos. I'll spend an hour tweaking everything, just to be like, "well... this isn't different or new at all".

I needed a renewed sense of inspiration for a new sound. So like any rational person, I impulse bought a new guitar. Ibanez Prestige AZ2206S. MIJ, fairly rare to find, and only a limited US run.

This will surely get the juices flowing for some sort of neo-soul or Chon-esque vibes...right? We'll find out on Tuesday. I live in Minneapolis, someone come slap me if I dial in another EoB preset.
You just described how guitar players come up with a unique sound. Embrace the EoB if that's where your ears lead you. Personally, I've been a "there's never enough gain" guy all my life. Since the AFX, I find myself gravitating to class A models. Amps I would have scoffed at IRL, have become my favorites.;)

Gravitate away my friend. You’ve found your sound. It took me a while to realise that just because I can make thousands upon thousands of different sounds, doesn’t mean I have to! It seems weird having this box with so many possibilities and only using one patch (most of the time one scene), like buying a Swiss Army knife and only using the cork screw. But it’s the exact sound I want, so 🤷‍♂️

You just described how guitar players come up with a unique sound. Embrace the EoB if that's where your ears lead you. Personally, I've been a "there's never enough gain" guy all my life. Since the AFX, I find myself gravitating to class A models. Amps I would have scoffed at IRL, have become my favorites.;)
I've been the exact opposite. As much as I love chugging away with high gain, most of the past two decades I've owned single coil guitars, and I just really dislike high gain through those pickups. I've been meaning to diversify, but here we are... buying another HSS instrument.

I needed a renewed sense of inspiration for a new sound. So like any rational person, I impulse bought a new guitar. Ibanez Prestige AZ2206S. MIJ, fairly rare to find, and only a limited US run.
If it doesn't work out, try buying another guitar.

I ran into a similar thing where I kept trying new amps and when I had all the tweaks I thought I needed done, I had obscured the signature tone I was looking for. To combat this I paid more attention to the tone and if it started getting too far I course-correct to keep more of the base amp sound. It was working.

And when I joined the Fractal family I suddenly realized I needed a bunch of guitars handy. And I bought a Tele!

Attachments

• Racked up 1.jpg
    Racked up 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
Yessss Tele! A Tele displaced my long-term guitar, a ‘96 LP that I’ve played since i bought it that same year. I love it to bits.
I am primarily a Strat guy. I have 1 Strat, and one 'strat-oid' PRS Studio.

I have 3 Teles:

1. A Gecko Thinline (with TV Jones Super'Tron and Lawrence L298TL, and 5-way super switch)
  2. A Fender (with SD Jazz 'bucker at the neck and its original neck pickup slid down to the middle, with a 5-way super switch and pull s/p for the 'bucker)
  3. A VZ Custom Tele for 'trad' Tele sounds.

n
I am primarily a Strat guy. I have 1 Strat, and one 'strat-oid' PRS Studio.

I have 3 Teles:

1. A Gecko Thinline (with TV Jones Super'Tron and Lawrence L298TL, and 5-way super switch)
  2. A Fender (with SD Jazz 'bucker at the neck and its original neck pickup slid down to the middle, with a 5-way super switch and pull s/p for the 'bucker)
  3. A VZ Custom Tele for 'trad' Tele sounds.
Nice. I have an American tele, whatever next one up from player is. Do you find the middle position a bit ice-picky sometimes?

Nice. I have an American tele, whatever next one up from player is. Do you find the middle position a bit ice-picky sometimes?

The VZ is the one that is most like a vintage Tele, with two single coils, and doesn't have the ice-pick treble on the plain strings, thanks to the Dawgtown 5/2 pickups with AlNiCo 2 magnets for the plain strings....

Back
Top Bottom