I bought a used Axe-FX II

357mag

Looking forward to getting it. Right now I'm playing through a POD X3. The X3 does have a really good sounding Marshall JCM-800 but you really can't get a Malmsteen tone with it. It appears there are a few pages of Malmsteen presets on the Axe-FX Exchange site.

I don't know if there are any impulses for cabinets loaded into the unit.

Where do you guys go to download them?

Hi @357mag and welcome!!

I think you're in the right place to get whatever is freely available (on Axechage). Coming from the POD I think you'll be happy with the upgrade.
There's a fair number of IRs in the unit already so you should be good to go for now.

If I may offer some advice, get fractal bot, and Axe Edit for the 2, and as soon as you get the unit, back it up. Then muck around with it for a while, and if you aren't happy with the results, reset it to factory defaults, and reload all the factory presets. Then you can start again with a blank slate.

Also - get hold of Fractool from @AlGrenadine , and checkout @austinbuddy, @yek and @Moke 's presets etc.

Good luck with the unit. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Pauly

Looking forward to getting it. Right now I'm playing through a POD X3. The X3 does have a really good sounding Marshall JCM-800 but you really can't get a Malmsteen tone with it. It appears there are a few pages of Malmsteen presets on the Axe-FX Exchange site.

I don't know if there are any impulses for cabinets loaded into the unit.

Where do you guys go to download them?

Back
Top Bottom