• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

I bought a used Axe-FX II

357mag

Looking forward to getting it. Right now I'm playing through a POD X3. The X3 does have a really good sounding Marshall JCM-800 but you really can't get a Malmsteen tone with it. It appears there are a few pages of Malmsteen presets on the Axe-FX Exchange site.

I don't know if there are any impulses for cabinets loaded into the unit.

Where do you guys go to download them?

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Hi @357mag and welcome!!

I think you're in the right place to get whatever is freely available (on Axechage). Coming from the POD I think you'll be happy with the upgrade.
There's a fair number of IRs in the unit already so you should be good to go for now.

If I may offer some advice, get fractal bot, and Axe Edit for the 2, and as soon as you get the unit, back it up. Then muck around with it for a while, and if you aren't happy with the results, reset it to factory defaults, and reload all the factory presets. Then you can start again with a blank slate.

Also - get hold of Fractool from @AlGrenadine , and checkout @austinbuddy, @yek and @Moke 's presets etc.

Good luck with the unit. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Pauly

Looking forward to getting it. Right now I'm playing through a POD X3. The X3 does have a really good sounding Marshall JCM-800 but you really can't get a Malmsteen tone with it. It appears there are a few pages of Malmsteen presets on the Axe-FX Exchange site.

I don't know if there are any impulses for cabinets loaded into the unit.

Where do you guys go to download them?

Top Bottom