I bet you cannot match this tone

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LOT of tone in studio recordings come from outboard and board EQ of STUDIO mixing gear. Pultecs, Massenburg, Harrison, LA-2A, preamps. Sometimes it's like chasing your tail because you're trying to capture something that's not at all in the guitarists signal chain. Two guitars with lows completely shelved. Tape saturation, Roland modulated delay, AMS delay, Lexicon 480L. A bunch of stuff that's probably not anything Andy did.

I for one don't get this idea of cloning other people. I just don't get this complete and total loss of personal identity.

Once again a post that details difficulity using the AxeFx and the writers displeasure with the gear (which he says he doesn't even own, or used) and I'm wondering how can this be? I can plug this thing in to all most any thing and get usable tones. Wait a minute FAS, dont think you got made and you can slack off I'm still waiting for that LB-1.

I for one don't get this idea of cloning other people. I just don't get this complete and total loss of personal identity.

well for me , playing with brown sound, or andy summers sound or eric johnson sound, is really great, that album that made me dream, that sound that was so great suddendly become "real" and i can interact with, it's magic.
sure for live i use more "my" sound.
but that's also the magic of axe fx , you can have fun with your sound, or van halen sound.
and man playing with brown soudn for exemple, it's ear candy !!!

A LOT of tone in studio recordings come from outboard and board EQ of STUDIO mixing gear. Pultecs, Massenburg, Harrison, LA-2A, preamps. Sometimes it's like chasing your tail because you're trying to capture something that's not at all in the guitarists signal chain. Two guitars with lows completely shelved. Tape saturation, Roland modulated delay, AMS delay, Lexicon 480L. A bunch of stuff that's probably not anything Andy did.

Its prolly Sting trolling us all......

Having the wrong guitar is absolutely a barrier to achieving a SPOT ON copy of a tone.

This has been learned by many people here time and time again. They think they need the amp and effects modeling perfect, when it really was just the missing right guitar the whole time.

It's not an excuse; it's a fact. Maybe we have different definitions of "spot on."
But you haven't posted anything, because irrespective of the guitar you're using, you know you won't even get close. As I already said, you should spend more time working towards something than making excuses or blunt statements with no basis for the facts, as these are bound to set someone off.

and the final touch, the "tonematch" function.
0.00 - 0.06 : Andy summers, original record
0:07 - end : axe fx II

of course you can fine tune to sound exactly etc,

For a second there I thought the beginning was you and I was literally about to start eating my hat.

Then I listened to the part that was you and... sorry, it is a good attempt, but not quite there. Your tone sounds too robotic, there's too much noise echoing in the background, and your guitar sounds like it is out of tune.

First there's more than one guitar in the OP so not sure what you want to "match". You need to overdub it.

Second, the recording is pretty bad so not sure what you,re trying to reproduce... Using a single coil guitar, probably a tele. Seems to me neck on the clean guitar, bridge on the distortion guitar. Overdub.

You can't replicate an overdub, it's impossible. You can play through 2 amps, but still not the same as there's not that natural phase.

Anyways, theguitarist, after listening to your EBYT, you should practice more your guitar before searching for tone.

For a second there I thought the beginning was you and I was literally about to start eating my hat.

Then I listened to the part that was you and... sorry, it is a good attempt, but not quite there. Your tone sounds too robotic, there's too much noise echoing in the background, and your guitar sounds like it is out of tune.
Annnnnnnnnnd, you've gotten all you're going to get out of this thread. Clearly you have no regard for the time and expertise of others. I'm going to give you an amicable opportunity to walk away from this train wreck.

Best to find someone in the land down under who can let you twiddle the knobs and fiddle the bits on their Axe-FX in person. You're not here for any constructive purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom