I believe we've found Buddy Holly's missing '54 Stratocaster.

Not at all, but there's an element of time here - a lot of great art will have been stolen at some time. Stuff can be stolen and recovered, or stolen and then the insurance company pays out and after 10,20,50 years likely writes it off as unrecovered.

Of course thieves should be chased, hounded etc. but there are a lot of nuances once you start getting a long way away from the event

Time is the great equalizer, but as long as the victim is still alive, the criminal should never be off the hook. And if you knowingly purchase a famous guitar that was stolen you become part of the crime and should be treated as such. And I reckon these guys know it, otherwise they would not keep their stolen loot hidden in their private collections.

[QUOTE="Project Mayhem, post: 1787912, member: 22339"

Brett, you need to contact the history channel and have them put together a show for you. The guitar hunter.
Seriously, that would make for cool viewing even for non players.[/QUOTE]

This is an amazing idea!!! There are many shows in this format that are very successful. This would fit right in there with the rest. I can see it being a huge hit. Each episode could focus on a new guitar/artist/legend/myth, introducing and educating viewers to a subject they either know very well, or are interested in for the first time. I NEED this!!

Hi I was Wondering if there had been any developments in this? It was such a great story and interesting leads! Been keeping an eye out religiously

Hi I was Wondering if there had been any developments in this? It was such a great story and interesting leads! Been keeping an eye out religiously
Hey. No, nothing more to report. Gil Mathews, the guy who owns that guitar only wanted a '54 Stratocaster - which he has. That it might have belonged to Buddy Holly was only a pleasant surprise to him. A possibility at best but given the circumstances with which it was acquired, a strong possibility. And that's all, really. No offers of DNA or forensic testing, or even reinstatement claims by the family, have been forthcoming since our little documentary to my knowledge. So Gil still has his prize old '54 and the world has something to wonder about. That's it. /

Hey. No, nothing more to report. Gil Mathews, the guy who owns that guitar only wanted a '54 Stratocaster - which he has. That it might have belonged to Buddy Holly was only a pleasant surprise to him. A possibility at best but given the circumstances with which it was acquired, a strong possibility. And that's all, really. No offers of DNA or forensic testing, or even reinstatement claims by the family, have been forthcoming since our little documentary to my knowledge. So Gil still has his prize old '54 and the world has something to wonder about. That's it. /

Still, it was a really interesting documentary and I'm so glad you guys made it! Thanks for doing all of that!

wow! Well thank you for getting back so quick you have helped me sleep a little easier (not much though!) great doco, thanks again 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom