I am trying to replicate a Digitech RP50 Octavian Preset

I am willing to pay someone to replicate this preset for me.

I had purchased this pedal many years ago for my wife when she was interested in playing guitar.

It had some cool enough presets on it along with 18 basic drum patterns which I thought would be fun for her when she was playing with headphones.

Unfortunately, she gave up the guitar shortly afterwards so I had decided to try it out myself and I found there was one preset that I wanted really bad for myself if I could reproduce it on "better" sounding gear :)

It has been stored for many years and I just decided I should see if there is way to duplicate the preset since I have an XL+ and I believe all the right effects should be in there.

It is the #40 and #80 Octavian presets (duplicated for user and factory) on the Digitech RP50.

I am looking at the top of it and it shows the effects lit up as some type of mod (like pitch-shifter/octave-pedal) along with delay, reverb, compressor, noisegate, and eq.

There is a cool effect as well like a volume swell as you start using it.

It allows me to perform some licks that make me push my playing to a new level pretty quickly so I would seriously pay someone to replicate the preset.

Anyone interested?

Thank you for your time and consideration :)

A quick glance at the RP20 Settings manual yields:

upload_2019-1-11_1-52-42.png

Looking at the row for Preset 80 (Octavian), we get:

- a highly-squashed compressor,

- into a Recto amp model,

- into an auto swell (that's what they're using the noise gate for),

- into an EQ with the bass cranked (usually a no-no with a Recto, but whatever works...),

- into a Pitch Shifter set to shift down one octave,

- into a ping-pong delay set for 600 ms,

- into a church reverb.

The AX8 has multiple versions of all of those things, so yeah, the sound is in there — along with a dozen similar sounds that will be just as cool.

@playingitloud : While you're waiting for someone to sell you a preset, try hooking those effects together, and see what you can tweak up. ;)

@Rex, this is super cool, so a HUGE Thank You for the list with the presets and "your" breakdown and described pathway as well as the suggestion to try them out and see what I can come up with it.

Funny thing is that I did go to the Digitech website and look at the manual for the RP50 but I must not have scrolled all the way down, lol, since I did NOT see anything that would help me understand what I was seeing on the RP50, and after seeing your reply with the preset breakdown I checked again, and even though they didn't provide the list you provided, I did find they do provide definitions for what you provided.

I could not find that preset breakdown that you provided so it will really help me to see what/how they configured everything.

I think the way they set up the noise gate (auto swell) was one factor I was missing as well when I tried a few things myself, and I believe that with a better understanding of these abbreviations I can probably get something closer now using the "magic box" known as my XL+

Also, I had to laugh reading "into an EQ with the bass cranked (usually a no-no with a Recto, but whatever works...)" :)

@yek, you are right, and thank you for providing this video link which gives a good reference for what I am trying to achieve :)

Always highly appreciated, and

Ok... So after checking out the video, now I want to get that "Ya Ya" effect demoed right before it!

Vai uses a similar effect on a song (can't remember the title) and I always thought it was very cool.

Sounds like maybe a Formant?

@Rex, this is super cool, so a HUGE Thank You for the list with the presets and "your" breakdown and described pathway as well as the suggestion to try them out and see what I can come up with it.

Funny thing is that I did go to the Digitech website and look at the manual for the RP50 but I must not have scrolled all the way down, lol, since I did NOT see anything that would help me understand what I was seeing on the RP50, and after seeing your reply with the preset breakdown I checked again, and even though they didn't provide the list you provided, I did find they do provide definitions for what you provided.
That list is from this document that I found on the web.

I have been attempting to create this RP50 Octavian preset tonight based upon what has been stated here but I am having the hardest time creating that "auto swell" effect.

Any suggestions?

Actually, I found a reply by "clarky" to someone who asked a similar question regarding auto swells (and noise gates settings) way back in 2013, lol, and it seems to be filling in what I was needing for this preset :)

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom