I am thinking about getting an AXE-FXIII

tobafett

Inspired
I am thinking about getting an AXE-FXIII Turbo and I see now that if I am to get one, I better do it now.

I have used two FM3s for a while now, and I just got a FM9 turbo last month. Work in October and November precluded me from really diving into the FM9, but now that I have, I am very impressed. My presets from the FM3 take on average about 25% less CPU usage on the FM9 Turbo. Today I am going to dig into the multiplexer to see if I can get that switch from clean to dirty as seamless as possible, if I can, then I am very interested in a FXIII.

The usage for FXIII would be for non-fly dates. Even with my FM3/9 set up, I leave the pedal board by the stage monitor cab and use a FC12 out front. I really like not needing to worry about front of stage power or potential damage from an exuberant fan or myself. LOL. So I thought with the FXIII I'd rack it with a power amp and a custom input plate on the front of the rack. That way everything could stay connected, cutting down on setup time and potential connection error.

I had it in my head that the FXIII could run 4 amp blocks, but I know realize, it can only run 2.

So other than the FM9 Turbo is out of stock currently, if my presets are not taxing the FM9 is there any huge benefit to the FXIII over the FM9?

Thanks for reading and any advice is much appreciated.

So other than the FM9 Turbo is out of stock currently, if my presets are not taxing the FM9 is there any huge benefit to the FXIII over the FM9?
There are a few blocks that are only available on the Axe Fx III such as RTA, Vocoder, Tone Match, IR Player, Dynamic Distortion...

The number of block instances allowed for each block is also higher for some blocks:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/fas-guides/Fractal-Audio-Blocks-Guide.pdf#page4

The Axe Fx III has more I/O options and more CPU and also more preset slots.

I find I only use 50-60 percent in my ax3 mk1 on average …then whenever I do experiments im always glad i have that extra cpu

With you getting the latest and greatest you shouldn’t have to worry about crazy experimental signal chains… up to a certain point that is haha

Back
Top Bottom