I am looking for Dokken George Lynch tones

You should probably add a 'Question Mark' to the end of the thread title. People will come here expecting to download some presets instead of sharing some............just a suggestion ;)

Edit......original title changed...:cool:

Last edited:
Moke that's exactly why I just came in! I did add a pretty good generic Lynch preset from AxeChage, run thru AxeFxSend, and get into Ax8, but I'm not sure it's worth sharing...there are other threads on the topic, but that conversion process is unfortunately far from perfect, at least for some presets...

Any songs specifically? I might by able to 'Tone Match' something and export it as a Cab IR. Then convert it to an AX8 Preset/Bundle.......

That's a great offer, thanks! My band covers Alone Again and In My Dreams, if that's not being too greedy! If you only had time for one, I guess the song Tooth and Nail would be (to me - and at risk of starting a Lynch debate I can't finish...) the quintessential Lynch tone...

That's a great offer, thanks! My band covers Alone Again and In My Dreams, if that's not being too greedy! If you only had time for one, I guess the song Tooth and Nail would be (to me - and at risk of starting a Lynch debate I can't finish...) the quintessential Lynch tone...
Do have a piezo equipped guitar for 'Alone Again' or another guitarist with an acoustic guitar?

I would like to add a small dual path with an electric (humbucker) to acoustic-ish sound for 'Alone Again', but I don't have an AX8 and I'm not sure how much the CPU will allow and Lynch tones need Reverb too.....;)

If it turns out that it won't fit, I'll include a separate 'Acoustic-ish' preset?

:)
Moke, I'm sorry I didn't see your questions earlier - I've been faking the acoustic with a decent clean tone to date (no piezo), and your suggestions sound awesome. I'm sure your "acoustic-ish" would be awesome, and thanks again.

Been listening to a bunch of 'Dokken' tunes. George Lynch's actual tone is all over the place. from very dark to very bright, but as is usually the case, it all sounds like Him........With most great players, it's 10% tone, 10% effects, and 80% the player......:cool:

But, I'll try to come up with something (that I would use anyway..;))?

Here is a quick Preset/Cab bundle of my take on a generic 'Lynch' sound.

I used 'AxeFxSend' to convert it for use with the 'AX8' from my Axe-Fx ll, Mark 1........Firmware Q 3.02. Let me know the CPU % on the AX8.

Scenes 1 thru 4.....Various Rhythm sounds. (as examples)
Scenes 5 thru 8.....Various Lead sounds. (as examples)

Attachments

• Lynched (AX8).syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 244
Here is an Electric (bridge humbucker) to Acoustic-ish Preset/Cab bundle for the acoustic parts of 'Alone Again'. I used 'AxeFxSend' to convert it from my Axe-Fx ll, Mark 1.......Please let me know if it works on the 'AX8'

Attachments

• Moke-ustic (3.02)-AX8.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 130
Here is an Electric (bridge humbucker) to Acoustic-ish Preset/Cab bundle for the acoustic parts of 'Alone Again'. I used 'AxeFxSend' to convert it from my Axe-Fx ll, Mark 1.......Please let me know if it works on the 'AX8'
Thank you so much - I will check these out hopefully tonight and definitely let you know asap.

One more thing.......I used a 20 ft cable when making these presets which darkens things up a bit. If I play these presets with the same guitar through a 8 or 10 ft. cable it's a bit too bright, especially the 'Acoustic-ish' preset.:)

The easiest way to tame the treble in the 'Moke-custic' preset is to dial down the 'Max' parameter in the modifier in 'Filter' block #1 to taste. It works kinda like the 'Dynamic Presences' in the Amp block. Using the 'Envelope Controller', It boosts the high end by +9.00 db only when you play. This helps to reduce hiss when not playing. A more aggressive Gate setting would work too, but it was cutting off the sound when I played quiet phrases.

This also works great in place of a gate on any 'Clean' sound to reduce the hiss but still retain all of the dynamics.

Moke, I just fired these up and had a blast playing some Dokken riffs!! Great work!!! Thanks for sharing!

So AxeFxSend (now called 'FracTool') worked.............:)

What's the CPU % for each preset?......... I want to merge them into one preset but don't now if the AX8 can do it and don't have one to test.

Moke, I finally had a chance to play with these last night. I must not know what I'm doing with respect to cab packs as both files loaded but were silent. I realized there were no cabs there, and added a cab, and they sound great. On the dirty sounds I used the 4x12 Brit model, and for the clean I wound up using the same - both sound fine, but probably are not what you intended exactly...

Thanks for doing that and I hope others also enjoy them - really cool tones. Do you have a better suggestion for the clean cab? Generally, were you using the factory supplied cabs (if so which ones) or cab packs bought separately (apologies - have had this just a couple weeks, fractal noob, and haven't gotten into cabs as much yet...just figuring out scenes...). Thanks again man! Best - Andrew

Edit: The CPU % for all the scenes on the dirty sounds was around 87%. Everything worked but usage definitely seemed pretty high. The clean was negligible like 32% or something. FYI - I play with a 20 foot cord so that aspect should be the same in our setups...

The cab IR for the 'Lynched' preset "M&H75+SB=TV (moke)" is my own mix of 3 Factory IRs and 1 Free IR.

The cab IR for the 'Moke-ustic' preset is from a 'Tone Match' of my old analog piezo signal chain, using the bridge humbucker pickup on the same Ernie Ball/Musicman 'Axis' guitar.

I am including both IRs and both presets (non-bundled this time) converted to AX8 format. Just load the IRs in whatever 'User' cab slots you want and re-assign them to the 'Cab block in the corresponding preset.

Let me know if these ones works right.......o_O

Edit........See post #23 for screenshots of the intended block bypass states for each scene....

Attachments

• Lynched - 'AX8'.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Moke-ustic (3.02) - 'AX8'.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Moke's Electric to Acoustic - 'AX8'.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 136
  • M&H75+SB+TV (Moke) - 'AX8'.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom