I am fast!

Megadebt

Experienced
Laying in bed, half asleep, relaxed, I felt a bug crawling on my leg(found out later it was some kinda weird looking waterbug). Anyway I flew out of the bed, I was airborne coming out of that bed. Damn I'm fast!

:D

:DLoL! Yeah, I live right near the water, lots of weird looking bugs. Best to shake out your shoes before sticking your feet in them. Anyway thanks for letting me share my goofy story.

This poked its head out from under the dock right next to our swimming area yesterday:

snake.JPG

Wife claims it was about 4 ft. long. Northern Watersnake. Apparently they can reach lengths of greater than 4 ft. so she may not have been exaggerating.

Non-venomous fortunately, but still creepy when you're not expecting it. It's a little unnerving how something with no arms, legs, or fins can be such a good swimmer.

Yep, harmless...although they may nip you if you capture them. They are incredibly good swimmers and make no sound at all as they move through the water. When I was younger, I was with my uncle, aunt and my parents. I think we were out picking blueberries (northern Ontario) and as we were crossing a shallow marsh, a water snake crossed right over my feet. Seemed like it took for ever for him to cross...felt like I was at a railway crossing waiting for a four locomotive train to cross. Scared the living crap right out of me!

We find these pretty regularly in our house and yard. (We've only killed 20 so far this year. Our record was in 2018 with over 100 for the year.) Their sting is a bit worse than a bee...they tend to make you move quickly.

Scorpion on Wall.jpg

This little fella sneaked up on my wife while she was reading a book outside🤣
About 2 meters long and that was not the largest one we’ve seen in our backyard
We had one which was about 3 meters
Called Carpet Python and quite common in our area here

Attachments

• 63071582-8C57-419E-9179-1D83FE12282B.jpeg
    63071582-8C57-419E-9179-1D83FE12282B.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 6FED2C54-E710-4AEF-ACDC-5CA4A2A69F11.jpeg
    6FED2C54-E710-4AEF-ACDC-5CA4A2A69F11.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 23
Try stepping on a snake in bare feet. Starts out soft & squishy...then transitions quickly to stiff and scaly...like a small tree branch on the ground. FREAKED ME OUT!!! Happened over 10 years ago, I remember it like it was 10 minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom