• Never. I don't find it useful

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I was not aware of that parameter

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Piing

Axe-Master
Short story:

I’ve just found that I am addicted to the Air parameter from the CAB block.

Long story:

I believe that this started with the Axe-FX Ultra. I loved to tweak all the advanced parameters, so I probably got a good tone with the Air parameter engaged and I used it as a template to create other presets. Then I transported them to the Axe-FX II, and continued creating all my presets with that base.

Now I was creating my Axe-FX III presets around my favorite ones imported from the Axe-FX II.

I forgot about that parameter, but the other day I found that there was sound spilling when I muted all the 4 CABs at the cab block; it was not completely muted. I was about to open a bug report, but then I realized that I had the Air parameter at 33%.

Today I’ve spent some time browsing CABs just to find that I don’t like most of them if I don't give them some air. The highs sound too harsh and buzzy to my ears. The Air has become like an instant-satisfaction button for me.

Am I the only addicted?

Last edited:
I've been adding some Air for a while now. Was using about 10% on the Axefx 2 to get a more amp in the room feel . With the Axefx 3 , 5% seems to be the magic # for me . Brings the patch to life .

I do not use it 100% of the time but I do use it to taste as needed, it really brings some dark cabs to life.

Honestly, the cab block is probably the one block I really 'tweak' the most on the II and III.

On the Ultra I used to touch a lot of params in the amp block, by the time we got to Quantum on the II it was down to almost nothing non-standard, except for some cool experimental "mod" stuff (variac, tube type PPIMV); ditto on the III.

Am I doing something wrong, after reading the posts I thought I must try the cab air...I adjusted both the Cab Air which was at 0% all the way up to 100% and heard no difference at all? I also adjusted the room size again with no audible effect? Does the Axe III need to be at gig volume to hear a difference - I tried this at low volume.

On the III it appears to be more intense than the II . A little goes a long way. Very audible to me .

Very new to this and haven't really experimented with this yet. Are there any good tutorial videos on these parameters that you could point me too please?

Many thanks,

G.

A must when just sitting and playing for myself! Brings a lot to the table I think, at least when playing through studio monitors. Without it it’s too much ‘in your face’, and as others have pointed out, it sweetens the top end a little (I also tend to use the low/hi-cut in the cab block - and always this before reaching for the eq block).

Am I doing something wrong, after reading the posts I thought I must try the cab air...I adjusted both the Cab Air which was at 0% all the way up to 100% and heard no difference at all? I also adjusted the room size again with no audible effect? Does the Axe III need to be at gig volume to hear a difference - I tried this at low volume.

Try it with a distorted tone.

To hear its effect by itself, mute all cab channels except one, point that one to an empty cab slot, and then turn up AIR.

I used to add AIR, years ago. I don't anymore and I don't miss it. I think of it as the "cardboard" parameter.

Try it with a distorted tone.

To hear its effect by itself, mute all cab channels except one, point that one to an empty cab slot, and then turn up AIR.

I used to add AIR, years ago. I don't anymore and I don't miss it. I think of it as the "cardboard" parameter.

Can you explain why you don't use it anymore?

Back
Top Bottom