Votes: 21 44.7%
  • On some special occasions

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Never. I don't find it useful

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I was not aware of that parameter

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
Rather the other way around: why use it?

As said, I don't need it or miss it. Totally satisfied with just IR(s) and some low/high-passing.

Engineers don't add direct signal either, when recording or when doing sound live (except in rare cases).

Try it with a distorted tone.

To hear its effect by itself, mute all cab channels except one, point that one to an empty cab slot, and then turn up AIR.

I used to add AIR, years ago. I don't anymore and I don't miss it. I think of it as the "cardboard" parameter.

Ah that’s where I was gas going wrong, I play clean (rare I know ;)).

Ah that’s where I was gas going wrong, I play clean (rare I know ;)).

Clean is cool ... recently on the III been playing the #2 & 4 quack pos w/ an S-type, on SLO, Fender and Mesa - all with a fair amount of volume for those thumps and responsiveness, and just loving it. (but eventually I fall for moar ... gain and bridge PUp ... it's just so addictive. :) )

Clean is cool ... recently on the III been playing the #2 & 4 quack pos w/ an S-type, on SLO, Fender and Mesa - all with a fair amount of volume for those thumps and responsiveness, and just loving it. (but eventually I fall for moar ... gain and bridge PUp ... it's just so addictive. :) )

I used the Shiver clean on the Axe II, and automatically went to it as soon as I got the Axe III - I must look at some other amps but the Shiver Clean sounds great and even better in the III.

Why did I read that as "I am addicted to canned air"?

$

But yes, I too am addicted to cab air..

When air is used together with one single CAB, reducing the level of that CAB makes the Air volume to abnormally increase and spill through the mix. It is annoying when you are auditioning with the Mute/Solo function and the CABS have volumes lower than 0dB. Is this a bug?

Back
Top Bottom