I almost got electrocuted with an egg-boiler on the first day of the year

Piing

Axe-Master
Gaabor GE-M03A egg boiler. I received a shock that, luckily, launched the boiler away so it did not get stuck on my hands :eek:

When opening it, I have noticed that the cables inside are not fully insulated with heat-resistant macarroni. The plastic insulation of the non protected section of the cable was melted and it was touching the metal frame. And it is a non-earthed device ⚡:electricplug:

Lucky way to begin the year

https://www.gaabor-global.com/

Gaabor.jpg

Last edited:
Yeow! You are one lucky man.
Last decent shock I got was about 30 years ago, in the guts of an old peavey mixing desk. One second I was at the workbench with the desk opened up, the next second I was on the other side of the room on the floor with that ‘shaken up’ feeling you only get from a decent shock.
Let’s you and I make a pact - no more electric shocks!
Glad you’re ok
Thanks
pauly

Gaabor GE-M03A egg boiler. I received a shock that, luckily, launched the boiler away so it did not get stuck on my hands :eek:

When opening it, I have noticed that the cables inside are non fully insulated with heat-resistant macarroni. The plastic insulation of the non protected section of the cable was melted and it was touching the metal frame. And it is a non-earthed device ⚡:electricplug:

View attachment 113650

Eggs jumped to $8 a dozen in the last week or two here. Probably cost more than the egg cooker. At the rate prices are skyrocketing, soon it will take a day's wages just to eat. :(

When opening it, I have noticed that the cables inside are not fully insulated with heat-resistant macarroni. The plastic insulation of the non protected section of the cable was melted and it was touching the metal frame. And it is a non-earthed device ⚡:electricplug:

View attachment 113650

GFCI is required on kitchen and countertop outlets (here in the US). It would have prevented the shock.

I’m glad you’re ok… unfortunately this is happening more often: less cost less safety (and it’s happening also on so called “high quality” working tools…)

Interesting. They list their address as:

View attachment 113668

And I am 1000% certain Kuala Lumpur ain’t in China. Malaysia would like to have a word? 😂
Yeah it’s Malaysia. Where Nik and Ceriatone preside. With all the crazy translation crap…who knows. Also, they play games with addresses and locations for tax and just political reasons. I remember 20 some years ago when I was working in the States for Foxconn headquartered in Taiwan, but all manufacturing was in China, it would take half a day to sift through the simplest of communications from us techs to techs. They have their own slang and vernacular’s that would confound the heck out of us.

Remember…”Love in Freshness”😁

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom