I accidentally left my AX8 on for 9 hours

Hey everyone. My apologies if this has been asked before but today before leaving for work I was playing with the update (incredible by the way!) and in my haste to leave, I accidentally left it on all day. Is there any real issue with this? Overheating etc? I’m just freaking out haha. Thanks!

Indeed - I used to forget and leave amps on all the time in my studio - cost me a fortune over the years replacing tubes. Love the AX8 - leave it on all the time.......crap, hope I didn't burn out the tubes!
A costly and dumb mistake. Come upstairs to refill coffee, phone rings, run out for something and 3 days later your tubes are cooked.

Mine stays on from load in/soundcheck til the end of the show. 1pm till 11pm would not be out of the ordinary. I can't imagine why that would ever be an issue, unless maybe it was in direct sunlight on a 100 degree day.

Mine stays on from load in/soundcheck til the end of the show. 1pm till 11pm would not be out of the ordinary. I can't imagine why that would ever be an issue, unless maybe it was in direct sunlight on a 100 degree day.
yea, I've heard of a hot day in the sunlight being a problem after a while. Keep a fan close by I think not too bad an issue.

Not an issue at all. Sometimes I do a 4h + 4h in studio and it stays on all this time and there is no problems at all!

I never turned mine off.

After 4 or 5 days it would freeze like clockwork though. I'm guessing it was some kind of integer timer that went out of bounds or something.

Back
Top Bottom