Hypnotic Heavy Groove - B7K tonematch and beta 12.04 FAS Modern/SVT/Recto

Hey Guys,

I was working on a piece today with the new patches I made in 12.04 and I've also got my preset built for my bass: A tonematch from my B7K. The pedal is awesome but has a lot of noise. Thanks to Cliff, who gave me some pointers, I was able to pull off quite the accurate depiction of the pedal, and now I can harness all of the glory of my B7K but without the hassle of extreme gates and noise bothering my signal for mixing. This is a quick little ditty that I was working on, but I really enjoyed it, and in my opinion, the newest FW has the Axe sounding better than it ever has. Hope you like it! (For the record, it's alternating 4/4 and 9/8 but it's not THAT confusing, IMO)

Hey Guys,

I was working on a piece today with the new patches I made in 12.04 and I've also got my preset built for my bass: A tonematch from my B7K. The pedal is awesome but has a lot of noise. Thanks to Cliff, who gave me some pointers, I was able to pull off quite the accurate depiction of the pedal, and now I can harness all of the glory of my B7K but without the hassle of extreme gates and noise bothering my signal for mixing. This is a quick little ditty that I was working on, but I really enjoyed it, and in my opinion, the newest FW has the Axe sounding better than it ever has. Hope you like it! (For the record, it's alternating 4/4 and 9/8 but it's not THAT confusing, IMO)

I like where it was going! Would like to hear more. Thanks for posting!

Thanks man! Yeah, everything I post right now is from WIP, so eventually there be more. I will continue work on this today and also have some more fun stuff to listen to in the near future. Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the nice feedback dudes. I am in seventh heaven since figuring out real time tone matching when it comes to utilizing the B7K. If you haven't checked out real time tonematching and you have a B7K with noise problems, it is totally worth it to explore. The method is so much faster and easier than regular tone matching, and the results are simply unreal. Even after capturing the overall sound, I can then go through and tweak things to make the patch even "better" - more clear, tight, etc. and the drive/amp interaction is surprisingly dynamic. I'd totally upload a patch, but the grit channel uses the OwnHammer Mesa V32 cab, so I can't just put it out there.

But the patch is actually quite simple.

Input breaks off into two lines:

Line one:

Compressor Pedal 2 -> SVT -> Filter (lowpass at 250 Hz) -> out

Line two:

Tweaked Fat Rat Drive -> Recto 2 Modern Orange -> Tone Match of B7K -> PEQ (used to filter lows and highs)

When I made the Tone Match I used the same rig as line 2, but instead of the fat rat I was running the B7K through the FX Loop. Then I recorded the gritty signal, set up the aforementioned line 2 by copying and pasting each block, and then ran a real time TM. Afterward I tweaked everything to better fit the pedal - Voila! Awesome, super fat, grindy bass but no B7K crazy noise problems. HEAVEN! HEAVEN I TELL YOU!

Thanks for the nice feedback dudes. I am in seventh heaven since figuring out real time tone matching when it comes to utilizing the B7K. If you haven't checked out real time tonematching and you have a B7K with noise problems, it is totally worth it to explore. The method is so much faster and easier than regular tone matching, and the results are simply unreal. Even after capturing the overall sound, I can then go through and tweak things to make the patch even "better" - more clear, tight, etc. and the drive/amp interaction is surprisingly dynamic. I'd totally upload a patch, but the grit channel uses the OwnHammer Mesa V32 cab, so I can't just put it out there.

But the patch is actually quite simple.

Input breaks off into two lines:

Line one:

Compressor Pedal 2 -> SVT -> Filter (lowpass at 250 Hz) -> out

Line two:

Tweaked Fat Rat Drive -> Recto 2 Modern Orange -> Tone Match of B7K -> PEQ (used to filter lows and highs)

When I made the Tone Match I used the same rig as line 2, but instead of the fat rat I was running the B7K through the FX Loop. Then I recorded the gritty signal, set up the aforementioned line 2 by copying and pasting each block, and then ran a real time TM. Afterward I tweaked everything to better fit the pedal - Voila! Awesome, super fat, grindy bass but no B7K crazy noise problems. HEAVEN! HEAVEN I TELL YOU!

I'm so glad you posted this man. I've been itching really bad for a B7K but I'm already dropping a load on my Custom Mayones Regius 7. But a good friend of mine has a B7K so I will most definitely be whipping up a tone match with that beast ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom