Hurricane mode

That's a storm on a scale I'm not overly comfortable with.

...Not everybody's thing, but, sending-up a few to all those in it's path.

Some people may think it is a minor issue but the dominant thinking would be to change the name. If the storm was named Lydian and it was something between a tropical storm and a hurricane, would that make it a mixolydian?

They had to pick my favorite mode for a name, right?

We are directly in its path, thus far the storm track has wiggled within a few dozen miles of my property near I-95 in southeastern Brevard county. We're still 96+ hours out, but the track is not moving much now. Storm strength is probably the bigger question. I've lived through 20+ storms here, never seen one quite like this... but we're ready. House is stocked. Got gas. Diesel. Guns. Ammo. Tons of generators. Boards will go up on Sunday if the current track verifies.

Not sure how this one's gonna go. Wish us luck!

Good luck. Hope it shifts back to a minor diminished mode. In all seriousness. We dodged one that looked very scary last year.

Living less than 10 miles from the Gulf Coast, and having been in first line emergency response the last 3+ decades, I’m much more well acquainted with hurricanes that I’d chose to be! I’ve learned you prepare and keep your good humor. I’m glad everyone took it that way. :)

I’m deeply concerned it might go locrian...

All I know is my ass is puckering being in the direct landfall zone they been showing for a week. Four miles from the east coast. Meh! All I can say is hoping it does enough property damage to be worth my $25.000.00 insurance deductible. Was waiting till after this storm season to put on a new metal roof. l see nothing but blue tarped roofs and the constant hum of generators in my near future. What’s the humidity rating on fractal gear. Lol

Living less than 10 miles from the Gulf Coast, and having been in first line emergency response the last 3+ decades, I’m much more well acquainted with hurricanes that I’d chose to be! I’ve learned you prepare and keep your good humor. I’m glad everyone took it that way. :)

I’m deeply concerned it might go locrian...

Yeah, I've wanted to make some kind of joke about this since the day I saw the name, and figured people may think it insensitive so I refrained. I'm glad someone else started it, so I could just pile on 👌

Wishing the best for all of you in Dorian's path. Not sure how you folks cope with hurricanes. I lived in SoCal earthquakeland for 20 years, but for some reason I think it was less stressful waiting to be surprised by a quake than knowing for a week that a hurricane was heading my way.

What’s the humidity rating on fractal gear. Lol
All my guitars are in their cases with plastic bags on them (ya know, in case the roof flies off, or somethin'... I have a nice, newer metal roof, so I'm hoping it'll hold). My Axe3 is on top of them. In a bag. In a closet, sitting on a wood rack to keep everything off the floor. And... under a tarp. I'm trying like hell to make sure my toys survive, too. We kept two guitars and two small battery-powered amps out so we can play when we're bored and waiting for the whole ordeal to end. I have generators but the storm's projected to last 24+ hours. Can't turn on my generator until the storm moves on and we can go outside.

So they're saying Cat-4 at landfall.

Yep, I could just about crap a diamond at the moment. We're about three miles inland, but we are not in an evac zone. I'm a drainage engineer. I made sure I bought dry land.

But... the family is safe. I just got back from hurricane-proofing my business. My boat is in storage. Cars are stored. Truck is fueled-up and in my garage. The house is almost done. I'm waiting until the last possible minute to board-up the windows, this way I don't have to live in a dark dungeon for days on end. Been there, done that... ain't fun.

This one ought to be a real barn burner. Now we basically sit and await our fate.

Apparently just went Cat 4. Not cool Dorian. Not cool.

Not to invite chaos, but that seems like it upgraded awfully fast, faster than I think the predictions said. With all the time and warm water left to traverse... any chance this goes cat 5??

Bluestreak where are you located I'm in Port St Lucie. We need to hook up and talk shop! Ha ha not offended at all by any comments on the storm Humor is a good thing. No snowflakes here, like yo its Floriduh. Gigged last night but don't really plan on bagging stuff unless its absolutely necessary. I did order some nice 96 gallon bags last year just in case.

Last edited:
Bluestreak where are you located I'm in Port St Lucie. We need to hook up and talk shop!
It's a tiny little town called Malabar, just a bit north of Sebastian Inlet.

We need to hook up and talk shop!
If you find yourself up this way, I have a shop building, plenty of amps, guitars and a stocked beer fridge. Bring it.

Gigged last night but don't really plan on bagging stuff unless its absolutely necessary. I did order some nice 96 gallon bags last year just in case.
Thankfully I live in the higher/drier section of town a couple of miles from the river, but I ain't taking chances with 130+ winds possible. The new track this morning was a pleasant surprise. The Universe may have phoned-in our stay-of-execution.

For weather of this scale, a few degrees makes all the difference...

Back
Top Bottom