AFIII Hurdy gurdy Axe-Fx III video

I can't stop watching this. I have gone down a giant rabbit hole now where I think I have to buy one of these. Thanks.
Don't make the same mistake I did and order one from the first source you find. I had one built by someone on Etsy, and while it sounds pretty good, it is missing some features. There is a Hurdy Gurdy subreddit where you can get advice and find builders.

Last edited:
Don't make the same mistake I did and order one from the first source you find. I had one built by someone on Etsy, and while it sounds pretty good, it is missing some features. There is a Hurdy Gurdy subreddit where you can get advice and find builders.
Oh cool thanks for this info!

Thanks guys for resurrecting this thread and for all the compliments :blush:
I am going to post more videos like this in the next few months ;)
Meanwhile here is a short video preview of my duo concert (the video was shot last summer during my US tour) :

@HurdyGuigui : When you're stopping the string with your fingers instead of the keys, how are you making them transition into harmonics? Too cool.
@Rex , I got the harmonics by lifting the string up a bit so that the wheel is putting very low pressure on the string, then by speeding the wheel, the harmonics come up ;)

Holy smokes @HurdyGuigui I can't stop watching these videos. This is amazing stuff, it's got some prog and some middle eastern flavors going on.

You are like the EVH of the hurdy gurdy. Some of the sounds you are getting from that instrument have me scratching my head trying to figure out how you are doing it.

Well done! You should definitely drop a line when you are touring the US again. If you are in the New York City area, I would definitely go to a gig.

Something else I noticed:

@HurdyGuigui : There are some points when it looks like you're doing a double stop. The sound is raw and aggressive when you do that. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but you use it to wonderful effect.

Something else I noticed:

@HurdyGuigui : There are some points when it looks like you're doing a double stop. The sound is raw and aggressive when you do that. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but you use it to wonderful effect.
I don't see what you mean by double stop? Can you point me a timing on the video? I will tell you what is happening :)

Back
Top Bottom