AFIII Hurdy gurdy Axe-Fx III video

When we were in Budapest in spring 2018 we saw a fella playing a Hurdy Gurdy under a pavilion and that was really cool, this video is absolutely amazing when connected to the magic black box. Very cool!

Something else I noticed:

@HurdyGuigui : There are some points when it looks like you're doing a double stop. The sound is raw and aggressive when you do that. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but you use it to wonderful effect.
Haaa I think I finnaly got what you are asking :). So what happen at 2'59 is that I am pushing two notes at the same time and slowly switching the pressure from the lower note to the higher note so that it makes a bend. But because I have two melodic strings (one is one octave higher than the other) and because it is unpredictable, the bend in the lower string doesn't happen exacly at the same time than the bend in the higher string. This create a dissonance between the two strings that makes this very raw and agressive sound. :)

This is easily my favorite song of the beginning of 2024
Just wow, absolutely love the melody - and the performance is outstanding

Haaa I think I finnaly got what you are asking :). So what happen at 2'59 is that I am pushing two notes at the same time and slowly switching the pressure from the lower note to the higher note so that it makes a bend. But because I have two melodic strings (one is one octave higher than the other) and because it is unpredictable, the bend in the lower string doesn't happen exacly at the same time than the bend in the higher string. This create a dissonance between the two strings that makes this very raw and agressive sound. :)
Aha! The mystery is solved! Thank you.

I find myself going back to Cicatrices occasionally over the years, and I keep finding new things — places where subtle changes in how you address the instrument result in significant changes in tone or attitude. Very nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom