Humbuster: Its for real. Bonus: Output padding is also for real.

Chris Hurley

Power User
I've been aware of "Humbuster" since it first appeared but have never used it. I've been assembling a 4CM rig and have finally hit an unbearable buzz that I couldn't fix. I have one of those cheap Behringer "hum destroyer" boxes which seemed to fix it but the tone seemed to be impacted.

I "remembered the Humbuster" and dug around to find what I needed to build a cable. Boom. Its gone. Life is good.

Thank you for this little piece of tech, Fractal. Its great. That and the output padding which dramatically helps with hiss running in front of an amp.

I've been aware of "Humbuster" since it first appeared but have never used it. I've been assembling a 4CM rig and have finally hit an unbearable buzz that I couldn't fix. I have one of those cheap Behringer "hum destroyer" boxes which seemed to fix it but the tone seemed to be impacted.

I "remembered the Humbuster" and dug around to find what I needed to build a cable. Boom. Its gone. Life is good.

Thank you for this little piece of tech, Fractal. Its great. That and the output padding which dramatically helps with hiss running in front of an amp.
Make sure you don't cross the streams though. I could be bad.

The technique embodied in the humbuster cable has been around a long time.. and very familiar to anyone with a TC Electronic G system

Back
Top Bottom