humbuster cables

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
Is it possible to make a 1/4" stereo male end going from the outputs like you normally would to an XLR on the other end? I made the regular humbuster cables myself but would like one end XLR for a devise I have and don't want to use an adapter. I'm already using the XLR outs from input one to something else and was wondering if it will work to make a 1/4" to XLR cable.

I believe the hum busters were created to help remove noise from unbalanced cables (ie; 1/4 guitar cables).

XLR is balanced & hence has lower noise problems - not sure you'll accomplish much.

Why not just use the XLR puts on the Axe??

I believe the hum busters were created to help remove noise from unbalanced cables (ie; 1/4 guitar cables).

XLR is balanced & hence has lower noise problems - not sure you'll accomplish much.

Why not just use the XLR puts on the Axe??
I was under the impression that Humbuster cables help eliminate ground loops which may not be the same thing as eliminating hum. Always a bit confused about whether humbusters are just 1/4 " cables with XLR qualities or something above and beyond.

I'm wanting to go from output 2 with 1/4" humbuster to my 2 Friedmans which are XLR and out of them to my personal mixer for my in ear monitor setup. The gigs we play all have stage snakes with XLRs to P.A. so I want to use output 1 XLRs to the house snake, that way I can control them separately with the 1 and 2 output knobs on the front of the Axe. I could get a female 1/4" to XLR adapter but I was just wanting to make my own cables and not mess with adapters.

On the AxFx side, a humbuster cable is just a balanced cable. You should be able to connect standard (stereo /balanced) jacks to XLR cable between the humbuster outs and the friedmans

Back
Top Bottom