Humbuster Adapters

Keg8605

Power User
Quick question- I have a bunch of rack panel adapters from various rack setups. Including some TRS panel adapters. I believe I'm wrong but might I use those and then simply plug in regular ts cables to them and get the humbuster wiring?

Humbuster requires a dual conductor cable. The extra conductor is used to pickup noise and is shorted to the outer shield on the far end of the cable. TRS on the Axe II output and TS on the receiving device's input.

I'll have to peek into the wiring of the connector and if that would in effect be shorted out by simply plugging in a standard ts cable to the TRS panel jack/connector.

In essence the cabling would be axe out 1 TRS to female trs panel connector. TS cable into connector and on into the amp return. Sorry if I'm not making sense. Thanks for the help.

Are you sure you need humbuster cables? I ask because a week or so ago I bought a couple (and made a couple more...very easy) because I was concerned I'd have ground loop hum since I am running 2 amps. As it turns out, normal 1/4" TS cables work just fine. No hum.

Just food for thought. :)

Back
Top Bottom