Hulu and SNL

Brian Coonan

Power User
Was looking through the SNL episodes on Hulu today - they have every season. Talk about cool - it takes a little effort if you don't want to watch the whole episodes (fast forwarding - I know - very rough!) but man, there is a TON of great musical performances through the years starting with the very first season!

Check 'em out if you have Hulu!

Yeah a lot of episodes have never re-aired, a lot of performances aren't there- average like 1 per episode I think?

Frank Zappa hosted and it never reaired in it's entirety and a few haven't been rebroadcast cast again

Yeah a lot of episodes have never re-aired, a lot of performances aren't there- average like 1 per episode I think?

Frank Zappa hosted and it never reaired in it's entirety and a few haven't been rebroadcast cast again
From all accounts, the SNL experience was bummer for both Zappa and SNL, stemming from creative control issues..(there is some great never-before seen or heard stuff from this in the upcoming ZAPPA movie (coming THIS MONTH to a screen near you)

I thought they took out all of the musical performances because NBC (and every other media company) are too greedy to pay musicians fees they're owed? The last time I tried to watch an SNL rerun, they took out the musical performances completely.

I got all sad the other day when I realized the Drew Carey Show (other than season 1) will likely never see the light of day because ABC doesn't want to pay artists what they're owed. Sadly we gotta rely on piracy to keep culture and history alive.

One of them on Hulu had 3 performances by Zappa in one show

Back
Top Bottom