Huh... never thought I could get the plexi to sound like THIS (FW18)

smokin' tracks. Great playing.

On the trade - LPs are great and the sound might break even on both being quality, but that LP will never feel as good strapped over your shoulder.

I'd pay $ for the LP, but I wouldn't trade the strat. If you don't like it, you can't just go get the strat back. If you pay $, then you can always sell the LP and get most or all of the $ back.

The way you work those strats over, I'd hang onto it. Nothin' a LP offers you over the strat.

So be that guy. All the guy has to do is ready these posts and see 85 players telling you not to do it LOL

Love the sounds you get out of the Axe. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I love your title. I can download the patch and I still won't sound like that clip of yours :p

Not quite... that is a Marshall Major and it was just a support for his Dumble Steel String Singer amp. Both where basically set REALLY clean by this era (my least favorite tone era fwiw)

BUT, its been noted he was so into Hendrix and tried to sound like him, that his amp mods and settings and ear for tone was Hendrix. This means, a '68 plexi and greenbacks played by Hendrix was SRV's ultimate goal I suppose.

The short of it, is its not really a shock this works. Its not like I plugged in the JAZZ 120 and this popped out:)
Didn't SRV go through a Plexi phase...

View attachment 24912

Looks like a Dumble and a Vibratone cab as well.

It's the "push" that's so excellent. There's a nice, pleasant grind to the notes, just like it should be; and it lasts while notes ring out. And, like has been said, a much sweeter top end.

It's really just all there. Nice overtones as well.

Outstanding tone.

Last edited:
That is an AMAZING clip
Congrats on a seriously "killing" tone and them chops aren't bad either. WOW!!
Thanks for sharing it

I kept telling myself, "wait for non-beta release, you can do it". For a few weeks I've been listening to FW 18 clips and thinking, "yup, yes, oh yeah…." then I come upon this thread, crap my pants, say "gotta have it" (think Breaking Bad), just Dl'd FW 18 Beta, Cab Pak 8 and because I'm doing all of this listening to Toys in The Attic, Cab Pak 6. Gotta love this new addiction!!!

Came back to it again today. This is probably one of the best examples of how realistic and great the Axe can sound. You playing also resembles SRV fantastically. If I'd ever want to convince anyone about the Axe, this would be my go-to clip from now on.
:congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory: :congratulatory:

Absolut great! Like others said before - maybe the best and most realistic Axe-Sound, I´ve ever heard...........It´s all about the cab? Or the Magic in your Hands?

BUT, its been noted he was so into Hendrix and tried to sound like him, that his amp mods and settings and ear for tone was Hendrix. This means, a '68 plexi and greenbacks played by Hendrix was SRV's ultimate goal I suppose.
That's funny because I've been trying sound like Jimi but I ended up sounding like SRV... tone-wise I mean. My settings were almost identical to this patch, except for the presence and treble that used to work a little different on FW 17 IIRC.

Bumped the Low resonence up from 5.43 to 7.50 and put a TS808 in front: And of Course: PATCH DOWNLOAD Cab Pack 8: Ace R121 C1 Ace SM57 C1

Sounds incredible, so great work here!

One quick question, what made you choose to bump the low resonance up and why did you choose that value? Was it to better interact with the IR you're using? Did you just adjust it by ear?I ask because It's not a parameter I often adjust, and I think I remember an old thread that said you can adjust this to match the resonance of the speaker IR if you have specific information about that speaker. Anyway, I'm curious...

Thanks in advance, and your clips always sound fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom