Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 with FX8

H&K Fan

Hello everyone!
New FX8 is on the way, and I am so looking forward to it's arrival and finding out all that it can do, and finding some killer tones!!!
Has anyone used the FX8 with the Grandmeister Deluxe 40, and if so, what were you're experiences?
Thanks for all replies!!

Well,
New FX8 arrived and I have just begun to mess around with the stock presets, and getting used to navigating around. Will take some getting used to I think.
I have to say I am very impressed so far!!! There are some amazing sounds in there, and I've only been able to mess around with a few of them.
Will try to keep you guy's posted on my progress!!
Glad I finally joined the Fractal family!!

I haven't had a single issue with the 4cm.
The only difference between the two is that on the Grandmeister you have to turn the effects loop on. Not necessary on the 20.

I haven't had a single issue with the 4cm.
The only difference between the two is that on the Grandmeister you have to turn the effects loop on. Not necessary on the 20.

Do you use humbuster cables? Did you also try the fx8 without the effectsloop and do you use the fx8 drives or the grandmeister distortion?

Yes, I do use the humbuster cables. Quiet as can be.
I have used it through just the front of the amplifier and it sounds good, but lots of the effects are set up for 4cm, so I prefer that.
I like the distortions on both the amplifier and the fx8. depends on my mood and how lazy I'm being. LOL.
As I've said, I don't really get a ton of time with it,as I work like crazy, and still learning the ins and outs, but I am very impressed so far!

Back
Top Bottom