Huge improvement with 2 FRFR cabs instead of one?

I'm glad to read more guys embracing stereo again. For a while there was an anti-stereo crowd that preaching stereo is a waste of time. Some sound engineers used to be against stereo instruments...but the CD or mp3 player they used was always stereo...which is hypocritical. I agree in the bigger venues panning 3/4 is a better practice then hard left and right.

That video was the best demonstration of stereo concepts that I have ever seen. So smart and undeniable.

Last edited:
Do you love rotary cabinets? If your response is "eh? or "meh": then you may be suffering from stereo field deprivation. If the organ is not inspiring, or you experience a loss of interest in sax: it needs to be treated! Recover the vigor of youth: with Stereo!

Great video. I love to run stereo. I don't miss lugging around 2 halfstacks to do it though. One of the many things I love about my Fractal gear is the ability to run stereo. And I do use two different but similar sounding IR's panned left and right. I have 2 CLR's at home I run in stereo to create my presets on and practice with and 2 XiTone's I bring to gigs with me. One behind me and the other on the other side of the drums by the bass rig. Most of the places we play run stereo PA's but when they don't I just change my I/O setting on Out 1 to SUM L & R and still enjoy my stereo sound onstage from Out 2.

Last edited:
So. If I understand the video, it is better to have different audio from both sides, would this mean a mic change on a stereo cabinet would make for a better stereo setup? Or are people re onmending different cabinets? I run stereo, and my delays are phase inverted 2290 model, and that sounds incredible, but when the delays are off it does sound a little less than awesome... what is the minimum to do to address the points made in the video...

Indeed! Must be. According to Yngwie, Less is never more. More is More!! :D
Diamond Dave once described his favorite order of superlatives as, "Big, bigger, best!!!"

That's how I feel about guitar, if you are not running in stereo, you are missing out on half the possible sonic decimation you could be wreaking.

The only time I would advise against it is if you have two or three guitarists in the band- then it's hard to find soundstage space for so many stereo guitars along with space for vocals, drums, & bass (not to mention, keys or horns).

WOW! Great video! I am getting a second CLR shortly, and want stereo, and have found that you can get lost in the mix when playing to backing tracks from youtube or with a band. Yet, when in stereo, panning one IR speaker left and another similar IR speaker or totally different IR speaker panned right, you get a similar mono type tone for the guitar main tone, and its nice and clear, yet the stereo type effects, like delay, ping pong, and reverb etc, will be full stereo without mucking up the mix with the backing track, the guitar tone wont get lost and mish mashed with the band. VERY GOOD VIDEO!
Edit: also, once you try Rotary effect with stereo, there is NO TURNING BACK! = WOW!

Great video. I love Dave Rat's vids. I like using 2 different(yet similar) IR's and panning them hard. I think that's a great idea.
How does something like this look in axe-edit? I’m looking for ways to build presets in Stereo and I’m novice in this area. Any help understanding this would be appreciated! Thanks

How do you guys ensure that the punters in the crowd aren't just being blasted with half of a ping-pong delay though? How do you keep a stereo image working live?

Back
Top Bottom