Problem with brand new axe fx II xl +

thanosgtr

Hello everyone.i have a problem with my new axe II XL+.there is always noise under the notes.it is a mixture of hiss and some sort of computer noise(even when I am not connected to my laptop)..it's on all presets (clean or dirty)and it's there even with no guitar plugged in.i tried both the front and rear inputs.it's also present with headphones(so I guess it's not something with the outputs).when I engage the noise gate it gets cut off but of course when I start playing and the gate opens it gets back.it's really annoying and I don't know what else to try.has anybody else experienced this?thank you all in advance .

Is the noise there with no guitar cable plugged in?

Is it there with a cable plugged in but no guitar?

Is it only there with your guitar plugged in?

Thanks chris.i will contact support when i get home in a few days cause i am out touring.in the meantime if you dont' mind my asking isn't it weird that a preset with a clean amp like a fender model (with master volume at 5 and gain aroiund 3-4) produces hiss even with no guitar plugged in?sorry if i am repeating myself but i am really bummed that i may have a faulty unit.i should point out though that i bought the unit 2 weeks ago and only had a few hours with it so far.i am a complete newoob when it comes to the axe fx (but a very experienced rack and effects user).i unboxed the thing, set the input level as the manual suggests and started audtioning some presets.after half an hour i started building my own presets.up to this point i hadn't noticed anything.then i saw that the unit came with 9.02 firmware so i installed fractalbot and axe edit and updated to 9.04 and started to mess with axe edit tweking.then i noticed the noise .i know that with the usb cable some equipment pick up noise from the computer so i unplugged but the hiiss was there again.i tried many many presets ,changing inputs ,changing wall outlets ,unplugging my guitar etc.but to jo avail.when the noise gate is off i have hiss from any amp any preset with or without a guitar plugged in.i am just hoping that there is a setting somewhere that i haven't set right.

I should point out that the most part of the noise is hiss.like you have naturally in a high gain amp.it my case though is on every amp and every preset.the noise gate tames it but when you start playing and the gate opens it's there behind the playing.especially evident when a note or a chord rings out.

The answer to all three of @chris ‘s questions cannot be “yes.” Test them again and report back.
Hello rex. i just reread chris' question..the hiss is always there.it's there with a guitar plugged in.it's there with a cable plugged in but no guitar.it's there without anything plugged in.

Hello rex. i just reread chris' question..the hiss is always there.it's there with a guitar plugged in.it's there with a cable plugged in but no guitar.it's there without anything plugged in.
If it’s there even with low gain dialed in, it might be time to contact Support.

If the problem started when you loaded the new firmware, I would try reloading it. This is a known problem, every once in a while it doesn't install correctly.

If the problem started when you loaded the new firmware, I would try reloading it. This is a known problem, every once in a while it doesn't install correctly.
Thanks so much for the suggestion tahoebrian.i am not sure if I had the problem all along and didn't notice it until after the update but you have a very good point.i will try it when I get back home in 3 days.

Update
Back from touring so i have the whole week to see about this problem.i also noticed that when i tap the side of the unit i hear repeats from the delay if the preset has a delay engaged.i opened a support ticket and i am eagerly waiting for a reply.

Back
Top Bottom