Howdy from Texas, the greatest country in the world!~

There's not really an introduction forum so hello all! I've been a bit of a lurker for several weeks and the longer I do the more I feel like my kool aid thirst can only be quenched with that sweet sweet fractal nectar!

I've done some stuff, met some people, banged on some guitars and look forward to learning as much as I can here.

-Chris from Texas

Welcome to one of the best forums on the net!

I love the music scene in Texas and I like the weather, I'm kinda wishing I was there myself. It's cold in Minnesota!

From a native Alaskan – welcome to the big board, little brother. :)

Randy from the Pacific Northwest

Thanks for the welcome gents.

I do not have an axe FX yet....I'm working on something in the classifieds so we'll see how it pans out. I'm into a little bit of everything, been a guitar player for a hot minute now but was never really tone conscious. That is until I had my third ear eye pried open by friend and bandmate. The sickness has only gotten worse since then. I'm a desperate desperate man at this point. I'm presently in liquidation stage because I intend on trying out several different setups before settling on whatever I'll ultimately settle on(anyone want a dual rec? ;D ) and I want to have everything available for extensive ABing which means that I'll have a nice chunk tied up in gear for a few weeks.

I really can't wait, I've followed the eric johnson/petrucci tone threads fairly closely and have been very impressed by the meticulous work some of yall put in! I'm currently crushing on the andy timmons electric gypsy tones and also getting my feet wet with pickup specs and how they function as one of your tonal foundations. Very new to all of it but the versatility of the AXE is something a musician like myself could never afford if I had to purchase amps to make the sounds I want.

Levi, thanks for the invite to the Austin group! I will check it out!

and thank you everyone else for the encouragement and replies.

I was in Texas once for a conference. Nice place, Nice people. Got a sunburn on my forehead though - had to put baum on it before returning to the land of perceived free healthcare.

I go there frequently..... It's not.

Balderdash you commie sumbitch! Unless you're from north of the Mason Dixon, the next time you're down this way hit me up. We'll have some scotch and fire up the grill...and maybe some amps too.....you'll never leave. :D

Back
Top Bottom