How will this sound when paired together?

jiggajewjay

Inspired
I usually keep the Axe in my rack in the studio. when i gig i just take an Acoustic amp and and acoustic guitar and do an acoustic set. i have my first (non pro) gig for like 20 people in a basement this weekend. I only have my one Acoustic amplifier. its a Fishman Loudbox Artist 120-watt 1x8" Acoustic Combo Amp. How will The axe sound thru that amplifier? Do i bypass the Cab Modeling? what is the best way to approach this setup so that i can get as neutral a tone as possible so i can get the most out of the Axe in this less than ideal situation. I will be playing with my Fender Strat American Deluxe. thanks!!

Acoustic amps by definition are FR (full range) but not inherently FRFR (full range flat response). I would not start by disabling cab modeling though.

If it were me I'd try running the Axe FX into either one of the FX Loop returns or the Aux Input. I'm not familiar with the signal path on either of these inputs but I'd assume that the Aux Input has no EQ and at most a level control. The FX Loop returns might be pre-eq (in which case you can use the channel's EQ to tweak the final Axe FX tone coming from Fishman) or post-EQ.

Don't forget you have the global EQ in the Axe FX which is the simplest method to use to make all your patches work with the Fishman.

Acoustic amps by definition are FR (full range) but not inherently FRFR (full range flat response). I would not start by disabling cab modeling though.

If it were me I'd try running the Axe FX into either one of the FX Loop returns or the Aux Input. I'm not familiar with the signal path on either of these inputs but I'd assume that the Aux Input has no EQ and at most a level control. The FX Loop returns might be pre-eq (in which case you can use the channel's EQ to tweak the final Axe FX tone coming from Fishman) or post-EQ.

Don't forget you have the global EQ in the Axe FX which is the simplest method to use to make all your patches work with the Fishman.
thanks!! great response... would you mind elaborating just a touch on the last thing you noted... about the Global EQ? thank you!

thanks!! great response... would you mind elaborating just a touch on the last thing you noted... about the Global EQ? thank you!

Check the Axe FX II Wiki - Global EQ.

Simply put it's a graphic EQ (actually one for each set of outputs) that affects the everything coming out of the Axe FX. It makes it possible to make sweeping tone changes to accommodate changes for different venues, different speakers, different PA systems, etc.

Check the Axe FX II Wiki - Global EQ.

Simply put it's a graphic EQ (actually one for each set of outputs) that affects the everything coming out of the Axe FX. It makes it possible to make sweeping tone changes to accommodate changes for different venues, different speakers, different PA systems, etc.
got it - thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom