how to use X/Y settings question..

Ok let's try to keep this as simple as possible, I have 2 amp settings for different guitars, when I change guitars, I want to switch over the amp settings that i've inputted, i thought X/Y would do this.

The only problem is that it DOES, but doesn't carry on throughout to the next preset or scene for that matter.

eg: on any preset on any scene, I press AMP X/Y on my MFC and it switches let's say from X to Y, then I press scene 2 or the next preset, it goes back to the default AMP X.

How do I get it so that once I switch amps X/Y it becomes universal, so that I don't have to keep switching in between presets or scenes, just one click and saves, and keeps it on the changed settings all throughout?

Ok let's try to keep this as simple as possible, I have 2 amp settings for different guitars, when I change guitars, I want to switch over the amp settings that i've inputted, i thought X/Y would do this.

The only problem is that it DOES, but doesn't carry on throughout to the next preset or scene for that matter.

eg: on any preset on any scene, I press AMP X/Y on my MFC and it switches let's say from X to Y, then I press scene 2 or the next preset, it goes back to the default AMP X.

How do I get it so that once I switch amps X/Y it becomes universal, so that I don't have to keep switching in between presets or scenes, just one click and saves, and keeps it on the changed settings all throughout?

just go thru each scene (in Axe Edit) and choose either X or Y state for your amp block to make it simpler you can copy a preferred state and paste it to the scenes where you want it then hit "save"

Scenes determine the XY state of blocks. so if Scene 2 was saved with X active, it doesn't matter what happens in any other Scene. when you get to Scene 2, X will be active as saved.

at this time, i don't think there's a way to do what you want. this request has come up in the past though. something like "ignore Scene instruction" for XY and/or effect Engage/Bypass.

i think some other replies here are misinterpreting the question.

Thanks chris!
looks like i'll just have to double up on my scenes on each preset then on the MFC
eg: scenes 1-4 = AMP X, scenes 5-8 = AMP Y

that's gotta work.

Scenes determine the XY state of blocks. so if Scene 2 was saved with X active, it doesn't matter what happens in any other Scene. when you get to Scene 2, X will be active as saved.

at this time, i don't think there's a way to do what you want. this request has come up in the past though. something like "ignore Scene instruction" for XY and/or effect Engage/Bypass.

i think some other replies here are misinterpreting the question.

Thanks chris!
looks like i'll just have to double up on my scenes on each preset then on the MFC
eg: scenes 1-5 = AMP X, scenes 6-10 = AMP Y

that's gotta work.
except there are only 8 Scenes ;)

you may want to explore using Presets per guitar. you can link certain blocks using Global blocks - like Reverb, Delay, etc - if you want them to stay the same among all your presets. but you then wouldn't link the Amp blocks as they will have differences per guitar. of course you can just duplicate presets as a starting point.

here's an old video on Global blocks: http://axefxtutorials.com/2011/12/global-blocks-axe-fx-ii/

except there are only 8 Scenes ;)

you may want to explore using Presets per guitar. you can link certain blocks using Global blocks - like Reverb, Delay, etc - if you want them to stay the same among all your presets. but you then wouldn't link the Amp blocks as they will have differences per guitar. of course you can just duplicate presets as a starting point.

here's an old video on Global blocks: http://axefxtutorials.com/2011/12/global-blocks-axe-fx-ii/

THanks again chris!
I'll look into this, for now I use maybe 3-4 scenes per preset so I might be able to squeeze everything in for now. And maybe use the other switches on the MFC for individual effects if needed..

I would be using specific presets for each guitar.
If it were me, I would do this method. Just make copies of your presets in the same order into new locations. change the Amp X/Y states in all scenes, re-name and re-save them. Now you have a group of presets for one guitar type and a group of presets for another guitar type.

Back
Top Bottom