How to use the Metronome?

Trying to figure this out for the first time. Metronome, at least in the SPDIF out, just seems to be on all the time. Pressing the tempo button has no effect on it. Pressing and holding the tempo button just bumps the tempo up to 250?

What am I missing? Is there a way to start and stop it via a CC or something?

is there a quick way to turn it off? Holding the Tempo button again, like you do to turn it on, only seems to make the metronome go as fast as it can... Thanks!

Press the Tempo button. Adjust the volume at the various outputs using the three knobs on the right side. Turn the knob fully ccw to silence the metronome on that output.

Okay, so it seems like pressing the tempo button has nothing at all to do with starting and stopping the metronome. It just gives you access to the page where the levels are, and you can turn them up. I think that was my confusion.

And yes @decreebass , pressing and holding just cranks the tempo to the max. Seems like it might be more useful to use that as a front-panel way to turn the metro on and off, rather than bumping the tempo up uncontrollably.

is there a quick way to turn it off? Holding the Tempo button again, like you do to turn it on, only seems to make the metronome go as fast as it can... Thanks!
The Tempo button is a tap tempo, so I would assume holding it acts as if you are tapping as fast as possible?

The Tempo button is a tap tempo, so I would assume holding it acts as if you are tapping as fast as possible?
Exactly. Not sure why anyone suggested pressing and holding it. The Tempo button does two things: press it once and it accesses the first page of the controllers menu which is the Tempo page. Tap it more than once and it also calculates a new tempo based on the time between taps.

So I've read most of the posts on the Metronome. I can access it from the front panel, but I don't see how to turn it on and off. Why should this be so complicated? I do not see a way to control the metronome through AXE Edit (and there should be a way for such a supposedly simple procedure.) But OK, it's not there. Can anyone in the group please give a simple 1. 2. 3. procedure to turn on and off the metronome. Thanks for anyone's help and Merry Christmas!

So I've read most of the posts on the Metronome. I can access it from the front panel, but I don't see how to turn it on and off. Why should this be so complicated? I do not see a way to control the metronome through AXE Edit (and there should be a way for such a supposedly simple procedure.) But OK, it's not there. Can anyone in the group please give a simple 1. 2. 3. procedure to turn on and off the metronome. Thanks for anyone's help and Merry Christmas!
Press the Tempo button. Turn up the Level in that page.

There is no ON/OFF...

Press the Tempo button. Turn up the Level in that page.

There is no ON/OFF...
Not seeming to find a "Level " control anywhere. I have tried all the output controls, but don't see anything regarding "level". Sorry for my ignorance, but this really should not be this difficult.

Not seeming to find a "Level " control anywhere. I have tried all the output controls, but don't see anything regarding "level". Sorry for my ignorance, but this really should not be this difficult.
Sorry, not in front of my unit right now. When you bring up the Tempo page there is a knob on there somewhere for the Tuner level as far as I can remember.

Edit:

The manual seems to agree with my memory:
60AC22F1-CEEE-415E-9FCE-873E5244E59D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom