How to use expression pedal to pan between two pitch blocks?

Skanky

Inspired
So, I'm using the pitch blocks as two separate harmonizers. I'd like to have one pitch block at 100% when the expression pedal is in the back position, then the other pitch block to be at 100% (with the first at 0%) when the expression pedal is in the forward position.

How can i do this? Basically, using the expression pedal as a cross fader?

One way: In the modifier screen, set the min position for pitch 1 at 0% and the max position at 100%, for pitch 2, set the min position at 100% and the max position at 0%.

Another way: Put Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 on separate rows and use a pan pedal to pan between to the two signal chains.

Assign your expression pedal to the level controls for the harmony voices in both blocks, then on one of the modifiers, reverse the start and end values.

One way: In the modifier screen, set the min position for pitch 1 at 0% and the max position at 100%, for pitch 2, set the min position at 100% and the max position at 0%.

Another way: Put Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 on separate rows and use a pan pedal to pan between to the two signal chains.
I could have sworn i tried this, but couldn't fit since reason.

I'll try again tonight, and the pan pedal if that doesn't work

Mixer block works better than Vol/Pan for cross-fading two sources. It's stereo and will maintain your harmony voice panning.

Mixer block works better than Vol/Pan for cross-fading two sources. It's stereo and will maintain your harmony voice panning.

Right. In option one I was thinking of assigning modifiers to the mix parameter of each pitch block, so that would probably be similar to using the mixer without adding another block--not sure which would be smoother, but I'll give both a shot later.

Try a modifier on input gain parameter in each pitch block.

Adjusting modifier mid % can help maintain the ideal harmony volume throughout the pedal's range. If you're just fading from one block to the other quickly, you may not find this step very important.

Unless you specifically want the cross fade sound of the two different harmony voices at once, you can also assign your expression pedal to the harmony pitch and change it directly as well.

Back
Top Bottom