How to use drive pedals with FX8

Edited that last post to show where Humbuster cables go.

Saw it. Thanks a lot. I come from the g system world in which we had the "loops" that let you hook pedals (4, 5 even) after the first block which was the "filters and compression" block. The issue with that was that some pedals suffered from huge tone suck (forget useing any germanium fuzzes there for instance) since all the sound from the pedals in the loops was digitally converted and passed to the next block. It doesn't seem to be the case with the FX8 since for what I understand now in this setup i'll be doing a AD conversion first, then come my pure analog pedals hitting the preamp and no AD conversion happens there and then the next iteration of AD happens when i get the sound back from the FX loop of the amp. That is awesome but is so straightforward that it's hard to believe coming form that other dark G system world.

Are you able to set it up with a signal chain as follows.

Axe Comp -> Axe Drive -> [External Drive (TS-9)] -> Axe Mod -> Axe Delay

[External Drive (TS-9)] Like a loop on the g system

Are you able to set it up with a signal chain as follows.

Axe Comp -> Axe Drive -> [External Drive (TS-9)] -> Axe Mod -> Axe Delay

[External Drive (TS-9)] Like a loop on the g system
FX8 OUT 1 PRE L (MONO) > [External Drive (TS-9) > FX8 IN 2 POST L -- FX8 OUT 2 POST L > Amp.Input

For 4 Cable Method:
FX8 OUT 1 PRE L (MONO) > [External Drive (TS-9) > Amp Input -- Amp fx loop Send > FX8 IN 2 POST L -- FX8 OUT 2 POST L > Amp effects loop Return.

Using either method you'll need to configure the Pre/Post page of the FX8 to place the Mod and Delay effects "Post" in order to have them after your TS-9.

so technically i could add a 4 external looper with effects and use CC to switch them on and off

is there any degredation in tone or does the pre/post just act as a standard loop

Back
Top Bottom