How to Update Firmware?

Sorry but I can't figure that out.

I downloaded that fractal bot update. It says I need Axe-FX II firmware 8.0 or greater. I don't know what firmware I have but it's release 3.14.5. I've had this thing for 8 years and I still can't figure it out :-(. F'n idiot

upload_2019-4-27_10-31-33.png
upload_2019-4-27_10-32-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-27_10-32-52.png
    upload_2019-4-27_10-32-52.png
    317.3 KB · Views: 2
THe Axe-FX dialog box pop-up appears on app launch. "OK" takes attempts to download the latest version and results in "download error". "CANCEL" results in a blank Axe-FX with "version information could not be queried" and "disconnected" in the upper L corner.
upload_2019-4-27_10-51-26.png

upload_2019-4-27_10-52-50.png
I just wanted to play my guitar…

How can I update the firmware? Sorry for so many posts, I just tried to show what I have tried already and why it's not working for me. Thank you.

Did you download/install "Axe-Fx_II_USB_Driver Setup_167.dmg" from the Axe-FX II downloads page? (Fractal Audio Systems USB Setup for OS X)

Once that's done you'll probably need to uninstall Fractal-Bot, then install the older version mentioned in the first screenshot:
Yes, I did. After Axe-FX II has been selected, it automatically selects MIDI options and freezes with a beachball cursor. After about 20s, thea Fractal-Bot error message is shown (see image).

I need to update (1) the firmware for the actual physical device and (2) Axe-Edit.

Do I need to restart my computer? What is wrong?
upload_2019-4-27_11-53-49.png

According to the info at the bottom of the photo you are still using Fractal Bot v2.11.1. From the error information it looks like you need to uninstall Fractal Bot and reinstall the version @Bakerman linked in his post.

Reactions: APE
I restarted my computer and same result. Can firmware be updated?
You need to read what people are saying in this thread. All of the words.

Did you download/install "Axe-Fx_II_USB_Driver Setup_167.dmg" from the Axe-FX II downloads page? (Fractal Audio Systems USB Setup for OS X)

Once that's done you'll probably need to uninstall Fractal-Bot, then install the older version mentioned in the first screenshot:

http://archive.axefx.fr/FractalBot/Fractal-Bot-OSX-v1p2p7.zip
According to the info at the bottom of the photo you are still using Fractal Bot v2.11.1. From the error information it looks like you need to uninstall Fractal Bot and reinstall the version @Bakerman linked in his post.

Trashed the newer version of fractalbot. Fractalbot 1.2.7 gives "Download Error" upon launch, just like Axe-Fx itself does..
upload_2019-4-27_17-35-18.png
upload_2019-4-27_17-34-5.png

Hi, Chris. That video description links to the place to download the latest. As of now, that's Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p11p1.

I was advised by bakerman, et al, to use the older version of fractal bot. Since that didn't work, I'll try the newer version as per your video.

Result:
upload_2019-4-27_19-47-19.png

How can I know what firmware version my Axe II is running?

I can't connect to the Axe-Fx from Axe Edit. When I launch Axe Edit, It's disconnected. In System Preferences > Sound, Axe FX II is listed as an available device. It's connected, yet Axe Edit can't see it. Axe-Edit also displays the dialog box "IMPORTANT!" as depicted in my first post on this thread. No matter if I click "OK" or "CANCEL", the result is x Disconnected!.
upload_2019-4-27_19-55-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-27_19-46-43.png
    upload_2019-4-27_19-46-43.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-4-27_19-46-53.png
    upload_2019-4-27_19-46-53.png
  • upload_2019-4-27_19-55-33.png
    upload_2019-4-27_19-55-33.png
Hi, Chris. That video description links to the place to download the latest. As of now, that's Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p11p1.

I was advised by bakerman, et al, to use the older version of fractal bot. Since that didn't work, I'll try the newer version as per your video.
No. You need the older version of fractal bot. I thought this was clear by now.

You also need the latest firmware, which that video shows how to get. That’s why the “download” isn’t working in Fractal Bot. You need to download the firmware manually.

The current firmware of your Axe is in the Utility menu on the Axe. Press Utility on the Axe, then Page until you get to the Firmware screen that shows the version.

Rev: Quantum 8.02.

Why doesn't the new version of Fractal Bot work?

(The other release number was a number I pulled out of Axe Edit. That's a different version. Sorry for spreading confusion. I realize now that the version of Axe Edit doesn't reflect the version of firmware on Axe-FX. I wouldn't actually mind if those two were coupled. Might simplify things.)

You don't need the older Fractal-Bot then. Earlier I thought you meant the firmware hadn't been updated in 8 years. Quantum 8.02 is from May 2017.

Were you able to update firmware with the same computer before now?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Rev: Quantum 8.02.

Why doesn't the new version of Fractal Bot work?

(The other release number was a number I pulled out of Axe Edit. That's a different version. Sorry for spreading confusion. I realize now that the version of Axe Edit doesn't reflect the version of firmware on Axe-FX. I wouldn't actually mind if those two were coupled. Might simplify things.)
It can’t be coupled. It’s just not how programming works. They are separate things and will have separate version numbers.

Axe-Edit does show the Axe firmware version in plain sight once it’s connected though.

Back
Top Bottom