How to turn stereo to mono w/ blocks?

claxor

Power User
I now it sounds strange, but I need to turn a stereo effect pedal in my Axefx 2 effect loop from a stereo signal to a mono signal (centered) in some situations. (otherwise, I'd have to buy a second effect pedal just for this purpose, and I'd like to avoid doing this if possible)

What blocks and how? Volume/Pan? Mixer?

Thanks!

Would you need this mono summing for all FX Loop use on a particular session/gig/whatever?

You could accomplish the same thing globally (no vol/pan block required) with Input 2 Mode = Sum L+R.

Would you need this mono summing for all FX Loop use on a particular session/gig/whatever?

You could accomplish the same thing globally (no vol/pan block required) with Input 2 Mode = Sum L+R.
No, just for some songs, guitar harmonies sound better to me dead-center and not in wide stereo.

I've had some mono-summing issues that I believe turned out to be phase cancellation, costing volume and accidental volume jumps when removing certain summed stereo effects (mega-tap and multi-delay) that I don't know if I ever got to the bottom to. I was setting the mixer block to mono though and found that summing that way seemed to have unique behaviors. Could be mistaken, was a little over my head if I'm being honest. Good thing I've got you guys lol.

Back
Top Bottom