How to turn direct monitoring off???

The same answer applies. The only difference is: turn on input monitoring for your DI track instead of your wet track when you want to hear the DI and not the wet.

In other words, if you're using Logic, use configuration #2 and set your output device to system settings. If you're not using a DAW that permits separate input and output devices, create an aggregate device (see instructions in the recording guide) and use that as your audio device so you can send both DI (with plugins applied) and wet channels to your mixer, thus allowing to you easily switch your monitoring back and forth between the two.

If you're not on a Mac at all, you can use configuration #5 and use your audio interface console app to do the monitor channel switching. Or, as a last resort, edit your presets and/or do recabling to do the routing and switching.

Related to my setup as described above with the little mixer and the FM3. I purchased some speakers to hook up to the mixer. IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor speakers. The speakers (hooked up to the mixer) only have RCA inputs. I believe RCA inputs are unbalanced? Is there an easy way to eliminate any hum or noise from using unbalanced cables (RCA cables)?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iloudmm/

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom