how to synchronoze the AXE-FX with Cubase5!?

S

Soultrash

hey guys,

i use my axe-fx standard forrecordings only. i have hooked it up via XLR to my
RME HDSP9632 audio card. i also have a permanent MIDI connection to the interface
to ensure communication with the editor. works good so far.

i do not have any patche son the axe-fx, i have everything stored on my computer,
so if i want to record something, i start up the editor, import the preset and hit REC.
this works well also, except when it comes to time based effects.

example:

i have a track in 135 BPM and i want to synchronize the axe fx delay to work at 135 BPM also.
i tried setting up the tempo via editor by right clicking "tempo" and seting 135 BPM.

the problem is that this is not send to teh axe fx, the tempo of the delay does not change/ adjust.

am i doing it wrong or is the problem stated somewhere else?

cheers
S.

1) The Midi CC for Tempo must set in Axe-Edit as well as in the Axe Fx self to the same number!
2) Delay times are of course set to beat? (1/4, 1/8, Dot, etc ... )?!

should work ...

... and if this all do not work ... man: One Click on the temop button in the axe and set the bpm manually ... right ?! ;-)

thanks for the fast reply. i have set the delay times of course, not sure about the CC thing, need to go through the utility pages to find the setting i guess.
just found out tha tik kind of works but it's very "unreliable" just set the tempo in axe edit and it was working, i played a bit andthen i wanted to change the tempo,
typed in the BPM about 50 times...nothing, still reminas at the old value.

setting it manually...didn't try this as my axe is under my desk and i always have to crouch around.
it's not easy when you're holding a guitar and playing with headphones, i'd probably choke myself with the headphone cable! :D

cheers
S.

try this ...

- create a MIDI track in the project

- choose to trasmit the right CC# for TAP tempo on the right MIDI channel

- with the pencil tool draw the tempo change following the tempo in your project (like the tempo track in Cubase)

When you start your project, Cubase should send to Axe Fx the tempo with the CC# and your delays (or effects) should be "synchronized" with your project

let me know if it works ... :)

unfortunately i do not know anything about CC and stuff.
i really do not have to synchronize the axe-fx with my sequencer completely.
for example, if i change the tempo in the sequencer, the axe does not have to follow, that's not necessary.
i just want axe-edit to send the correct tempo to the axe. so i can synchronize the axe manually with my sequencer.

basically it should work like, i have a song in 100 BPM, i open up axe-edit, go to tempo, enter 100, press enter and then the tempo should be set.
the problem is that axe-edit seems not to send this data to the axe, or just very randomly. if i try it often enough it works but that's very annoying.

it also does not get the right tempo always. if i type in 150 and press enter, the tempo is set to 149, if it works...

any idea?

cheers
S.

Back
Top Bottom