How to sync the Tremolo to a Metronome?

The term in that Floyd track is not a hard square wave. It's a bit rounded. Adjust my preset with attack and release on the modifier.

Still it sounds different than what you get out of the volume block with the sequencer and envelope attached. Somehow it sounds less focused and rhythmic. Hard to describe.

I tried your LFO trick and used a square wave and that gave better results. So thank you for that!!

What do mean it syncs automatically? The trem block doesn't sync automatically. That is the whole point. :)
I mean the delay syncs to the tremolo, if the delay is placed after the trem and they have the same or multiple tempo subdivision, the reapeats of the delay will automatically coincide with the positive half of the tremolo waveform.

Obviously syncing the tremolo to the metronome is another issue, but @Admin M@ 's suggestions regarding that seem good.

This thread made me want to experiment a bit with the bass tone of that song so I created this patch and recorded this little sample (mind you though, I'm not a bass player and I suck at slapping).
I also added a bit of stereo craziness to the tremolo part by attaching an LFO to the pan.

PS: these are the cabs used in the patch, you can find them in this pack

Cabs.JPG

Attachments

• One of these days.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This thread made me want to experiment a bit with the bass tone of that song so I created this patch and recorded this little sample (mind you though, I'm not a bass player and I suck at slapping).
I also added a bit of stereo craziness to the tremolo part by attaching an LFO to the pan.

PS: these are the cabs used in the patch, you can find them in this pack

View attachment 61841

Sounds great! Very well done. Unfortanetely I have an Axe II not III so I can't open your patch (and also not use the new tremelo trigger stuff). Do you maybe have some screen shorts of your tremelo (and modifier) and delay settings?

Which amp did you use? and can those cabs also be used for the Axe fx II?

Sounds great! Very well done. Unfortanetely I have an Axe II not III so I can't open your patch (and also not use the new tremelo trigger stuff). Do you maybe have some screen shorts of your tremelo (and modifier) and delay settings? Thanks
I think you can explore the patch with fractool, anyway I'll post some screenshots in a few minutes

Here we go..
LFO 1A is attached to the balance parameter of the tremolo with damping set to 0.
I think placing the trem before the amp block is crucial for accentuating the stuttering of the tremolo.

PS: the two amps are identical, I used two of them just to keep intact the stereo image since the trem and the delay are placed before them

PPS: the delay block eq is matched to a VST plugin which simulates the binson echorec (don't remember the name atm)

5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG1.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom