How to switch X/Y with MIDI for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ, PAN?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I was trying to program my LF+ 12+ and LF+ PRO+ as Master and Slave, so I can have one huge MFC and have access to all the Axe-Fx II XL+ Block's bypass and X/Y states and thought the LF+ was missing the auto sync IA's for the X/Y states for the CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ and PAN but I can't find the CC#'s in the Axe-Fx II XL+ manual either. The manual only goes up to FW15, so it doesn't even have the CC# for the Rotary 1 & 2 X/Y which are 125 and 126.

I looked in the Axe-Fx II XL+ I/O menu and went to the CTRL page but that doesn't have any way to assign the X/Y for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ or PAN. I looked in the Wiki and can't find any info there either.

Do I need to use Sysex messages? The LF+ can store 255 Sysex messages that contain 16 bytes each and I can link messages. If I need to use Sysex, are the messages documented somewhere?

Here's a list of all the CC# I could find: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#List_Of_Axe-Fx_II_CC.23.27s

Sorry if this has already been answered. I tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

There are some blocks that have no X/Y... Like the Compressor. I think you've discovered them :)

Use Axe Edit or front panel to confirm...

I was trying to program my LF+ 12+ and LF+ PRO+ as Master and Slave, so I can have one huge MFC and have access to all the Axe-Fx II XL+ Block's bypass and X/Y states and thought the LF+ was missing the auto sync IA's for the X/Y states for the CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ and PAN but I can't find the CC#'s in the Axe-Fx II XL+ manual either. The manual only goes up to FW15, so it doesn't even have the CC# for the Rotary 1 & 2 X/Y which are 125 and 126.

I looked in the Axe-Fx II XL+ I/O menu and went to the CTRL page but that doesn't have any way to assign the X/Y for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ or PAN. I looked in the Wiki and can't find any info there either.

Do I need to use Sysex messages? The LF+ can store 255 Sysex messages that contain 16 bytes each and I can link messages. If I need to use Sysex, are the messages documented somewhere?

Here's a list of all the CC# I could find: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#List_Of_Axe-Fx_II_CC.23.27s

Sorry if this has already been answered. I tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...but-unswitcheable-with-cc.86147/#post-1043063

Ah, yes... I have a non-XL so don't have the X/Y for those.

I've had my Mark I since early 2012 but I recently bought a XL+, so I was trying to program my LF+ MFC to control the extra X/Y states that aren't in the Mark I.

I know there has to be a way to do it with sysex because I was able to control a bunch of stuff with my Mark I that couldn't be assigned a CC# but none of the sysex messages work with the XL+ bc it has a different MIDI ID.

I can't remember how to capture the sysex messages from Axe-Edit. I know I have to turn off the Tuner and Tap Tempo in the Axe-Fx II XL+ and then monitor the MIDI signal with MIDI-OX.

Are the sysex messages documented anywhere and are their any tutorials that show how to capture the Axe-Edit sysex messages? I just don't want to mess up my XL+.

The Axe-Fx II doesn't provide an "X/Y-switching CC" for all blocks.

The FX8 also doesn't provide that, but it allows the user to manually assign one.
The Axe-Fx II doesn't, alas.

The Axe-Fx II doesn't provide an "X/Y-switching CC" for all blocks.

The FX8 also doesn't provide that, but it allows the user to manually assign one.
The Axe-Fx II doesn't, alas.

:( I guess I'll have to make a wish.

I really want to be able to switch X/Y for everything except the MIX.

I'm trying to structure my rig, so it's not so structured, if that makes any sense haha. I want to be able to be more creative and spontaneous and not always have my PC connected to make changes. I wanted to be able to pre-program the CPR, GTE and PEQ X/Y states before practice and then compare the X/Y states in a loud stage volume setting during practice and then take notes of which I like better, all without using a PC at practice.

I think if I add 2 Blocks of the Blocks that don't have CC#'s for X/Y, it will cause the CPU to go too high but I'll test that tonight.

Back
Top Bottom