• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

How to switch X/Y with MIDI for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ, PAN?

GotMetalBoy

Forum Addict
I was trying to program my LF+ 12+ and LF+ PRO+ as Master and Slave, so I can have one huge MFC and have access to all the Axe-Fx II XL+ Block's bypass and X/Y states and thought the LF+ was missing the auto sync IA's for the X/Y states for the CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ and PAN but I can't find the CC#'s in the Axe-Fx II XL+ manual either. The manual only goes up to FW15, so it doesn't even have the CC# for the Rotary 1 & 2 X/Y which are 125 and 126.

I looked in the Axe-Fx II XL+ I/O menu and went to the CTRL page but that doesn't have any way to assign the X/Y for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ or PAN. I looked in the Wiki and can't find any info there either.

Do I need to use Sysex messages? The LF+ can store 255 Sysex messages that contain 16 bytes each and I can link messages. If I need to use Sysex, are the messages documented somewhere?

Here's a list of all the CC# I could find: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#List_Of_Axe-Fx_II_CC.23.27s

Sorry if this has already been answered. I tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

unix-guy

Legend!
There are some blocks that have no X/Y... Like the Compressor. I think you've discovered them :)

Use Axe Edit or front panel to confirm...

Hubertus

Forum Addict
I was trying to program my LF+ 12+ and LF+ PRO+ as Master and Slave, so I can have one huge MFC and have access to all the Axe-Fx II XL+ Block's bypass and X/Y states and thought the LF+ was missing the auto sync IA's for the X/Y states for the CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ and PAN but I can't find the CC#'s in the Axe-Fx II XL+ manual either. The manual only goes up to FW15, so it doesn't even have the CC# for the Rotary 1 & 2 X/Y which are 125 and 126.

I looked in the Axe-Fx II XL+ I/O menu and went to the CTRL page but that doesn't have any way to assign the X/Y for CPR, GTE, GEQ, MIX, PEQ or PAN. I looked in the Wiki and can't find any info there either.

Do I need to use Sysex messages? The LF+ can store 255 Sysex messages that contain 16 bytes each and I can link messages. If I need to use Sysex, are the messages documented somewhere?

Here's a list of all the CC# I could find: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FAMC_Liquid_Foot+#List_Of_Axe-Fx_II_CC.23.27s

Sorry if this has already been answered. I tried searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/xl-5-new-effects-with-x-y-states-but-unswitcheable-with-cc.86147/#post-1043063

GotMetalBoy

Forum Addict
Ah, yes... I have a non-XL so don't have the X/Y for those.
I've had my Mark I since early 2012 but I recently bought a XL+, so I was trying to program my LF+ MFC to control the extra X/Y states that aren't in the Mark I.

I know there has to be a way to do it with sysex because I was able to control a bunch of stuff with my Mark I that couldn't be assigned a CC# but none of the sysex messages work with the XL+ bc it has a different MIDI ID.

I can't remember how to capture the sysex messages from Axe-Edit. I know I have to turn off the Tuner and Tap Tempo in the Axe-Fx II XL+ and then monitor the MIDI signal with MIDI-OX.

Are the sysex messages documented anywhere and are their any tutorials that show how to capture the Axe-Edit sysex messages? I just don't want to mess up my XL+.

yek

The Axe-Fx II doesn't provide an "X/Y-switching CC" for all blocks.

The FX8 also doesn't provide that, but it allows the user to manually assign one.
The Axe-Fx II doesn't, alas.

GotMetalBoy

Forum Addict
The Axe-Fx II doesn't provide an "X/Y-switching CC" for all blocks.

The FX8 also doesn't provide that, but it allows the user to manually assign one.
The Axe-Fx II doesn't, alas.
:( I guess I'll have to make a wish.

I really want to be able to switch X/Y for everything except the MIX.

I'm trying to structure my rig, so it's not so structured, if that makes any sense haha. I want to be able to be more creative and spontaneous and not always have my PC connected to make changes. I wanted to be able to pre-program the CPR, GTE and PEQ X/Y states before practice and then compare the X/Y states in a loud stage volume setting during practice and then take notes of which I like better, all without using a PC at practice.

I think if I add 2 Blocks of the Blocks that don't have CC#'s for X/Y, it will cause the CPU to go too high but I'll test that tonight.

Top Bottom