How to Solve This Problem?

mkbigmoz

I always found it difficult to adjust parameters while playing. I don't have any friends that play, so when I'm trying to dial in a specific sound for a patch, I'll play a riff, stop, then change a parameter, then play a riff, on and on..... This is incredibly difficult, because you're not able to listen while the parameter is adjusted. You have to rely on your memory if a delay was too long, or a compressor needs to be adjusted on your tone. That isn't an effective way to work. How do guitarists handle this problem when adjusting something like the axeiii?

When I'm mixing a record, I can listen while I mix. I don't need anyone else...but this guitar situation has always bothered me. How do you guys get around it?

Record a track on a looper block. Vary up picking styles so what you want to hear is prominent. Play it back and you can adjust while it plays.

I use a simple looper pedal. I prefer this to adding a looper block, in part because this has been my M.O. for years. I don’t have to make any changes to the AXE-FX. I sometimes use the same method when tweaking standard amps and pedals.

Looper. First block.

how is this much different than real pedals and amps though?

way less options and knobs. This is maybe one of the biggest issues of modern day musicians with gear like axe fx, DAWs, plugins...easy to say “keep it simple” to those who struggle with this....though looper would help him alot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom