How to setup 2nd FX Loop (using send/return blocks) in series?

mglemley

I've read the wiki, but I still can't figure out how to setup a 2nd FX loop. Would someone please post a step by step instruction list for:

Input -> [2nd FX loop] -> [FX loop] -> [amp] -> [cab] -> Output

Sorry my friend. There is only one 'FxLoop' block and only one input #2 and output #2.

The 'Send' and 'Return' blocks are for sending and returning the signal in the grid from one place to another. Most commonly used to make the signal chain longer.

It's possible to use the FX Loop as two mono loops in series, with a certain routing using feedback send/return. This might be what the OP is asking about. Sometimes one or both vol/pan blocks can be omitted, like when an amp block (with its own input select parameter) immediately follows FXL.

0SYxdlf.png

The concept is to split the stereo FXL block into two mono loops.

What I'm trying to do is seemingly simple: I want to create two mono FX loops in series for the purpose of patching in outboard gear. In practice, however, things get a bit tricky. (I can't make sense of the wiki solution for "Dual duty," which answers a slightly different use case.)

Bakerman, your solution looks promising. Does your route map imply that Input/Output 2L becomes "FXL#1" and Input/Output 2R becomes "FXL#2"? If so, then awesome!

Last edited:
Another possible work around (haven't tried it myself yet) would be to use an ABY box to split your input into two chains. You should then be able to set up a parallel routing for both the A and B input signals, with your outboard gear placed inline with the B input. You could then set up a volume block, mixer block, or just two inverse CC's, so that you could bring in the signal of the dry aka A, or wet aka B, input, or a blend of both.

This would of course be before an amp block, but depending on the gear, that might not be a bad thing per say, and then you'd have the stereo FX loop free for post amp stuff (though could put it wherever of course) which I'd guess majority of outboard processors could utilize.

Back
Top Bottom