How to set WAH to BYPASS, when pedal is not connected

I auto-enable with wah position, above 95% turns it off. This sets it to work like a standard wah but without a switch. Allows for cocked-wah, for example. Just checked, and it stays off when I unplug the EXP pedal.
I set mine like this, so that I get the full sweep with a little room at the end where it activates the 95% off thingie....

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 10.13.47 PM.png
:)

I also suffer from the identical issue that @Icarusuki sees.

I have the Fractal EV-1 connected to pedal one, calibrated, and set to controller 1. The axe-fx III simply worked.

I am aware of the limitation that the PC reset needs to be on and a preset reloaded to disengage the wah if the pedal is unplugged live.

So, far, however, no amount of faffing about will result in the wah block being bypassed on power up after the pedal being unplugged when the FM9 is powered down. Yes, reloading the identical preset used at power up will clear this.. but ..

So, far, however, no amount of faffing about will result in the wah block being bypassed on power up after the pedal being unplugged when the FM9 is powered down. Yes, reloading the identical preset used at power up will clear this.. but ..
Try setting Ext Ctrl 1 Init. Value to 100%.

hi there, I have the same problem as the op on my Axe III... I have my wah block auto engage set to 10%. It works as expected when I wave an expression pedal plugged on the axe... When there is no pedal connected, the way block is always on. it's frustrating but I can't seem to work this out. Already tried PC Reset on and off, and external control initial value is set to 0%. Any other solutions?
thx

hi there, I have the same problem as the op on my Axe III... I have my wah block auto engage set to 10%. It works as expected when I wave an expression pedal plugged on the axe... When there is no pedal connected, the way block is always on. it's frustrating but I can't seem to work this out. Already tried PC Reset on and off, and external control initial value is set to 0%. Any other solutions?
thx
Try this:

PC Reset = On
Ext Ctrl init value = 100%

Is there a way to do this when expression pedal is a Mission pedal with a switch? Is this a thread hijack?? I’ve been wondering this too, but I don’t use any auto-engage feature. For now it seems I have to have two presets, one with and one without a wash block.

Is there a way to do this when expression pedal is a Mission pedal with a switch? Is this a thread hijack?? I’ve been wondering this too, but I don’t use any auto-engage feature. For now it seems I have to have two presets, one with and one without a wash block.
I think the same thing would apply, except on the switch assignment instead of the Control.

However, is your switch assigned to enable/bypass Wah as an Effect type or is it a Control Switch on the Bypass of the block?

Back
Top Bottom