How To Set Up EQs For Certain Guitars?

Sounds like ppl need to learn how to lock wind a new string between songs. I blew a tire on my car during a race, how do I make the tow truck handle like my race car?

I can't remember the last time I broke a string while playing. While putting on new strings, yes... For whatever reason. But while playing maybe once or twice in the last 20 years.

Some people and/or guitars are string breakers, some are not.

Honestly, I didn’t mean to turn this into a discussion of string breaking, or my particular situation at all. I was just trying to explain one of several scenarios that could require the kind of solution the original poster was seeking.
My hope was folks could help solve the situation rather than describe why he shouldn’t want to.
Best of luck!

Off the rails.
A (hopefully) simple global guitar input type preset with functions like gate/filter/volume you can name Tele or JP15 piezo or Baritone would be cool for a lot of uses.
Not sure how "stop breaking strings" and "fix your guitar" are compelling counter arguments, or why there are any.

The other guitar, Les Paul, sounds fine through my tube amp, Friedman Small Box

My main guitar is my cover band is Tom Anderson Drop Top with a HSS configuration. It is my most versatile guitar. I prefer not to modify my TA.
Make it a bit more versatile. Put the treble bleed cap on a push push pot. Engage it when you need it and take it out when you don't. That's going to get you where you want to go a lot faster than duplicating presets or whatever. It doesn't damage the guitar, doesn't change the look, but increases its functionality to be that much more useful to you.

Off the rails.
A (hopefully) simple global guitar input type preset with functions like gate/filter/volume you can name Tele or JP15 piezo or Baritone would be cool for a lot of uses.
Not sure how "stop breaking strings" and "fix your guitar" are compelling counter arguments, or why there are any.
"Fix the guitar" wasn't intended to be a compelling argument. It was intended to be an actual solution to resolve his issue because your solution of a global guitar input type preset, while I agree would be killer, doesn't currently exist.

Off the rails.

As long as there isn't such a block, you can add all that to your presets using normal blocks. It's all in there. And you can add what you want and ignore what you don't want.

In my presets I have:
A PEQ right after the input block. It's linked globally. Cleans and distorted are linked in separate groups. It's always on. It boosts some highs and mids and kills some subbass. It's for all kinds of Strats.

Another PEQ after the first one. It's linked globally. Cleans and distorted are linked in separate groups. It's bypass is assigned to an external controller. I switch that on when I use fatter sounding guitars, the ones with mahogany necks. It filters some low mids.

A PEQ at the end of the grid. It's linked globally. Cleans and distorted are linked in separate groups.

Then I have 4 filter blocks in every preset to enhance or tame bass before and after the amp block and enhance or tame mids and lows after the amp block. These 4 filters are some fast access controls for live playing.

But, unless I'm misunderstanding the situation, it doesn't exist, and therefore, it's not really a solution.
It exists.

Choose an EQ block
Name it, Link it Globally, and configure the bypass function to be controlled by a Control Switch
Assign a switch on the FC6 or FC12 to the control switch
Adjust your EQ to taste, save the block to the library
Add the linked eq block to the presets

Well there you go. Clearly I had a misunderstanding of the situation. My apologies.

Excuse my ignorance, but why?
Isn't the point of having multiple guitars, to have multiple voices? If you make one guitar sound like the other, what's the point in having both? I'd say use the guitars for what they are good for.
I have 2 scenes for my basic amps one for my Tele and one for my SG. Both use the same amp just different Gain and BMT settings and possibly a different mic of the same speaker IR.

Hi, great question. So far I have always “just “ had one set of presets. Now I have the axe 3 and am building presets again. Some presets really sound crap with my strat and great with my Jem and vice versa. When I go to a rehearsal I do not want to carry 2 guitars but of course lol I want “ it all”. So I am thinking of making 2 separate blocks for it. Also because I simply cannot remember which is for which. I am not committed to certain presets per se. I make presets I like and then “kitchen sink” them. All of them. That means that every rehearsal or gig I choose the clean, crunch or gain that I feel like. ( not for every song of course, but in plenty of songs it really doesn’t matter). The fact that I kitchen sink them makes me always have the options I need and can never be in tje wrong preset. They all have a phaser so I can play are you gonna go my way with every gain preset. However, especially in the lower/no gain presets ot really makes a difference. All my guitars have coil split, but still. So in essence the two sets thing is a solution for my poor memory and lack of commitment to certain presets. (Probably an age thing haha)

Back
Top Bottom