how to set up a dual patch for a piezo equiped guitar which also has magnetic pups

just wondering what is the best way of setting this up. Its the PRS SE hollobody and whilst it has 2 outputs i was going to simply use the combined piezo and magnetic output and use the guitars volume to switch between piezo and standard pups.

I know simply option is just set up 2 seperate patches but can the same be done by the use of scenes with dual amps/IR;s

or one patch with a volume set to a pedal to roll from a piezo type grid to a normal amp/cab grid

i have a couple of clean to dirty presets that i use a pedal to roll from clean to scream

just wondering what is the best option

Timely question as I have a Knaggs Chena with piezo arriving this week. I have set up a patch with two paths from Inputs 1 and 2. These can be set up as separate Scenes or blended with an Expression Pedal. Best of both worlds hopefully.

My patches for guitars with both mags and Piezo are setup with two completely separate signal paths. Mags to input 1, Piezo to input 2. Each path has it's own processing, then the mags path goes to output 1, Piezo path to output 2. There's plenty of DSP horsepower in the III to do it. I was doing the same thing with a II XL+ and never had a problem running out of DSP. I also have one of my footswitches on the FC12 setup to mute/unmute output 2, so I can kick the Piezo in and out with my foot.

I put Inputs 1 & 2 at the very beginning of the chain, merge them together, and just switch inputs using Scenes. If you use channels judiciously, you can use the same signal path for everything. I also stick some acoustic IR's in the cab block and use some of the room settings in the cab block to try to get a more woody acoustic sound.

Using the combined output is definitely versatile, but it's really cool to totally change from electric to acoustic just by stepping on a footswitch. So definitely give the 2 input option a try.

Back
Top Bottom