How To Set Scene Controller Value in Axe8-Edit

ucnick

Inspired
I usually set up a few scenes in a preset and set different gains for the amp block to get clean/crunch/lead gain levels by using usually scene controller 1 on the amp gain modifier.

When I try to set the modifier controller in Axe8-Edit by clicking on the control, I get a little pop-up that allows you to select the controller. Easy enough, I select scene 1. However, what do I set the min/max to to get the gain values? For instance, I want 10% in scene 1, 40% in scene 2, and 75% in scene 3. Usually at this point, I scratch my head and I give up and use the onboard controls on the AX8 to select the scene controller, then go to the scene controllers page and set the values there, but the display is small and I cannot read it easily at a distance. Plus have a bad hip and bending over can be a bit painful at times. Anyway, it seems to me it should be achievable through Axe8-Edit. And can each scene have a unique value when using Axe8-Edit? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks for the help. And Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

I usually set up a few scenes in a preset and set different gains for the amp block to get clean/crunch/lead gain levels by using usually scene controller 1 on the amp gain modifier.

When I try to set the modifier controller in Axe8-Edit by clicking on the control, I get a little pop-up that allows you to select the controller. Easy enough, I select scene 1. However, what do I set the min/max to to get the gain values? For instance, I want 10% in scene 1, 40% in scene 2, and 75% in scene 3. Usually at this point, I scratch my head and I give up and use the onboard controls on the AX8 to select the scene controller, then go to the scene controllers page and set the values there, but the display is small and I cannot read it easily at a distance. Plus have a bad hip and bending over can be a bit painful at times. Anyway, it seems to me it should be achievable through Axe8-Edit. And can each scene have a unique value when using Axe8-Edit? I'd really appreciate the help.

Go to the Controllers menu, Scene page:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-23 um 19.35.36.png

Thank you ucnick!

I'm new to AX8 so I tried to make my own scene not to use ax8-edit 'cause I want to be good for stage-like situation. Though it still failed but I will find the way to get used to do it.

I have to thank @Smittefar who made a great video explaining everything I needed on Scene Controllers. You can find it in the sticky thread named: [VIDEO] AX8 tutorials, tips and tricks...

Hope it helps...

Thank you JLupi, it helps me to understand how to use the scene controller.

Back
Top Bottom