How to set levels in AX8-Edit

theblogjammers

Experienced
Haven't found an easy way to do this. Input and output? So no input clipping and same output level--I can do it on the front panel. Thanks

Can't setup input via edit. Although you can set output (if you are using the level parameter in the amp blk for example) via edit you don't have access to the VU meter via edit

I would love to see VU meters in Edit too. I suppose they could probably program it to echo the VU meter values from the hardware.

The number of button clicks to get to the VU meters on the hardware is in ridiculous for such a useful function, IMO.

I would love to see VU meters in Edit too. I suppose they could probably program it to echo the VU meter values from the hardware.

The number of button clicks to get to the VU meters on the hardware is in ridiculous for such a useful function, IMO.

Yeah--getting the levels set correctly is of primary importance and should be intuitive.

Yes, and IIRC the VU screen will switch to whatever effect you might be on in Edit, so you have to keep navigating back to it. Even if there was a slight delay in echoing the hardware values it would be very useful to have it, hopefully either in a separate window that you can move out of the way, or somewhere that it doesn't block the rest of the functions of Edit.

Yes, and IIRC the VU screen will switch to whatever effect you might be on in Edit, so you have to keep navigating back to it. Even if there was a slight delay in echoing the hardware values it would be very useful to have it, hopefully either in a separate window that you can move out of the way, or somewhere that it doesn't block the rest of the functions of Edit.

Yes - a separate window. That would be very nice. It would be great if after you finish your preset, an "analyse" function could show you level discrepancies within your chain. Not to have them automatically fixed, but as a help for where to look if you have a complex signal chain setup. Or a list like;

Signal level block 1, in : 6 out: 3
Signal level block 2, in : 3 out: 8
Signal level block 5, in : 8 out: 5
Signal level block 6, in : 5 out: 10
Signal level block 8, in : 10 out: 8

The idea being that unity gain through the signal path would be a nice to aim for. Would something like this be useful ?
You could maybe do something similar for Scenes / presets.

One of the things I struggle with is getting a Clean patch sounding the same as a dirty patch. Side by side I can level out dirty patches but the clean to dirty mix is more challenging I think.

Anyhow, these are my early morning thoughts ...

I see no need to get that detailed. I only use the amp output to set levels. I don't tend to change the output level in other blocks with the exception of the drive block.

Back
Top Bottom